Australia claim sixth ICC Women’s World Cup title

Women's Cricket Forum
WIndiesFans.com

Unread post

Team secures 114-run victory over West Indies at Brabourne Stadium to become Number One in the Reliance ICC Women’s ODI Team Ranking

Australia’s Jess Cameron Player of the Final; New Zealand’s Suzie Bates named Player of the Tournament

Australia marched its way into Women’s World Cup history tonight as the side won a record sixth ICC Women’s World Cup title after it beat West Indies by 114 runs in front of a vociferous crowd at the Cricket Club of India’s Brabourne Stadium.

Read full article...
mapoui

Unread post

hunter goat mout'
Mail

Unread post

The only team to genuinely challenge Australia would have been England but I got up supporting the Windies against the long and everlasting enemy. Lol.

It was a stroll in the Park for the Aussies, at my chagrin, but the Windies Ladies exhibited what the men team frequently do and that is mental inaptitude and lack of discipline.

However well done to Windies Ladies for getting to the finals. Kudos.
Last edited by Mail on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
AFRO

Unread post

The fact is those australian girls are a bunch of COWARDS, they went out and lost the game to WI in the super six stage so they wouldn't have to face England in the final, obvious some would say it's smart thinking, but it's a tainted cup win imo!! :roll: , WI are probably the 3rd best team on the womens side and they have some extremely good individuals, but those individuals are inconsistent and the rest aren't good enough,

Taylor
Dottin
Aguilleira
Mohammed
Quintyne

They are very good, brilliant on their day even,

Then you have

Kyshona Knight
Kycia Knight
Daley
Campbell

Who are average players, one of the twins though, Kyshona, does seem to have decent potential with the bat, the other twin can be ok on occasions too,

Then the rest are just poor to ordinary players, and when you have a mishmash like this then you're never really gonna win anything, if you look at those names they have some brilliant batters and spinners, BUT THERE IS NO BRILLIANT PACERS!!..Australia have one in Perry and that Ferling girl looks very good aswell, surprisingly we don't seem to have any decent pacers, and until we find a few we won't seriously challenge Australia and England, another two good batters who can at least average 27 or above is needed too, Taylor averages 49 and then the second best is Dottin at 25, the rest are miles off.

I'd also argue that they need their own "HPC" too, and i hope the board will consider that after they've done so well in making the final.
Mail

Unread post

This is the first Ladies World Cup I have really followed and was impressed with the standard.

There is nothing i saw which suggested the Aussies lost their game in the Super 6s to Windies intentionally.

West Indies were overawed by the occasion. They have a couple good individuals but overall their fielding is no where near the majority of teams on show.

They displayed very little vim and zest.

However it was a great achievement to get to the finals, a feat which will go down on the manager's CV even if it is held it was courtesy of the Aussies.

It may also be hailed as another significant achievement by the destructive Hunte regime.
AFRO

Unread post

The Super six match wasn't on TV, so i don't know how you can be so sure that they under performed in order to make sure they faced WI in the final!! :roll: , even people at the match said their batting was shocking, plus their was THREE run outs, but of course in the final everything changed and their batters didn't make the same mistakes!!.. what a surprise!! :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Mail

Unread post

Well then we need to discount Windies appearance in the finals as it was gifted.
Googley

Unread post

the fact is those australian girls are a bunch of COWARDS, they went out and lost the game to WI in the super six stage so they wouldn't have to face England in the final, obvious some would say it's smart thinking
yeah the smart people would say that...their objective is to win the war! The WICB batty lickers don't fall in that category!! :lol: :lol:
mapoui

Unread post

I'd also argue that they need their own "HPC" too, and i hope the board will consider that after they've done so well in making the final.
send them to the same HPC as the boys. expand if necessary. co-ed or nutten