Windies girls thrilled to hear Central Retainer Contacts

Women's Cricket Forum
BallOil

Unread post

Potchefstroom, South Africa – West Indies players Merissa Aguilleira and Stafanie Taylor are delighted to hear the news that the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) will offer Central Retainer Contracts to six members of the successful West Indies Women's team. Speaking from Potchefstroom, South Africa where they are playing in the ICC Challenge Tournament, the two leading players said the news was well received throughout the entire camp.

Taylor said: “When I first heard the WICB was offering retainers to members of our team I said to the others ‘wow, this is great news for us’. I’m truly very happy not just for myself but for the other members of my team. We are all playing our hearts out for West Indies cricket and we are truly delighted that the WICB is taking notice and looking out for us. Our coach always urges us to play with heart and one day we will get the recognition. With the contracts, we can now concentrate fully on our cricket and we know we will have income to sustain ourselves.”

http://windiescricket.com/index.cfm?obj ... 077AB8E264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;