Sea-level rise could sink tourism in Caribbean

General discussions
BallOil

Unread post

Rising seas would wipe out tourist resorts, airports, roads, land and services. Photo / AP Shrink
Rising seas would wipe out tourist resorts, airports, roads, land and services. Photo / APCANCUN - Rising sea levels caused by climate change are set to cause billions of dollars of damage to the island states of the Caribbean by the middle of the century, including wiping out more than 300 premium tourist resorts, according to a remarkable new report.

Airports, power plants, roads and agricultural land in low-lying areas, as well as prime tourist locations on islands from Bermuda to Barbados, and from St Kitts and Nevis to St Vincent and the Grenadines, will all be lost or severely damaged, with dire implications for national economies and for the welfare of hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, of people, the report says.
read more

not good new for the islanders
mapoui

Unread post

:D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see deh ketch you with dat too ballOil! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

doh mine' dem! di'ze the biggest lie in histree!

doh mine' dem. deh want you to agree to their taxation scheme fuh the world under the guise of fighting gloal warming. there is no global warming and the climate always changing no matter what humans do.

as yet we have no way of controlling the weather and it wends its own way immemorially, paying no mind to humans. if we doh pay attention to IT we drown in flood, and burn and get fried by lightening, starve-out in drougt etc.