howzdat

General discussions
howzdat

Unread post

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados – West Indies Women’s coach Sherwin Campbell said he wanted to continue building a team for the future and felt the upcoming series against Sri Lanka Women could see his players taking several “steps forward”.
But in the case of the Women's team forward means forward! All the best to them in the forthcoming games! Rally 'round de West Indies!!!
howzdat

Unread post

http://www.howstat.com.au/cricket/Stati ... arison.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
howzdat

Unread post

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricke ... cline.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
howzdat

Unread post

howzdat

Unread post

In an earlier forum incarnation i encuntered a phenomna whereby a post would get the "Classic Post" tag. Gils that is a Classic Post - nice one. I almost feel liberated from my self-imposed ban regardng he who howzdat cannot name; but with posts like this one i can remain steadfast in my observance like a good yogi soul - and cultivate the quality of objectivity. Om Shanti :D :D :D :D
Gils

Unread post

howzdat wrote:In an earlier forum incarnation i encuntered a phenomna whereby a post would get the "Classic Post" tag. Gils that is a Classic Post - nice one. I almost feel liberated from my self-imposed ban regardng he who howzdat cannot name; but with posts like this one i can remain steadfast in my observance like a good yogi soul - and cultivate the quality of objectivity. Om Shanti :D :D :D :D
Tua En howzdat Tua En Metu Neter Tua Neter
POINT

Unread post

Howzdat ,

I am sorry that you are leaving temporarily , I enjoyed our interaction in this Forum immensely . Btww , I was a big fan of Rohan Kanhai , I saw him live once in a Test match vs England at Kensington Oval , he only made 40 , but Iwas still impressed , he was bowled by a ball from Ftrddie Truman , that swung in the air like an outswinger and viciously cut back in when it hit the pitch , and rattled his Stumps . My belief to this day is that ball would have bowled any batsman in the world . In that match Sobers made 226 and Frank Worrell made 190+ . But Rohan
Kanhai always remained my favourite batsman .

Looking forward to our discussions in the near future . I still maintain that the WICB is not doing what needs to be done for Cricket in the Region , Regards .
howzdat

Unread post

POINT wrote:Howzdat ,

Some of the matches are going to be played in the Northern part of England , and this is in Early Spring . Therefore your rant about the Players not having any excuses is nonsense ; especially since our Players have never had the experience of playing in England for long periods .

This is unlike our players who played in England prior to the imposition of the ban on all Overseas Players by England in the mid 1980's . You also have not taken into account that the schedule on Tours , before the advent of the other two versions of the game allowed for many 4 day matches
to be played before and between the Test Matches .

Obviously this allowed Touring Teams to get accustomed to both the Weather and conditions of the pitches . Our Current Players , therefore are at a disadvantage . What you should be concerned about in my opinion , is the fact that the WICB agreed to a schedule where once again our Players are playing Cricket in the Northern part of England in early Spring . Once again we have a typical example of the WICB's Incompetence .

On the last occasion our Players played Cricket in England , the coldness of the weather was brutal , so much so that One day our Players were playing in a Test Match while there was no other Cricket matches in England due to the coldness of the weather . Everything that I have stated above are facts , not fiction .
Am just bringing this post 'off-line' so to speak in order to reply to some of the issues raised :P
howzdat

Unread post

England eager to take out Asian winter frustration on West Indies. POINT has been kind in the past to highlight to me that I ought to take a more balanced view of other posts and not highlight so much the use of a single word or phrase. POINT taken, however good habits die hard :P when it comes to trying to gain an insight into the opposition psyche.

As I read that article and highlight for myself the 'power words/phrases used' I cannot help but once again marvel at the difference in mentality of the two teams on the appraoch to this series. And I will not apologise to anyone for the conclusion that I come to.
howzdat

Unread post

Just caught myself thinking random thoughts of interest to no-one in particular. Thoughts about: personal safety, immigration, economics, measures taken by governments to keep the citizenry safe from 'unsanctioned terrorists', the internet, web crawlers, various topics posted on this site and I realised that it is not too far-fetched to imagine that this website could well innocently appear on some government corporation's 'watchlist' - and quickly ignored I imagine.

Why I thought that? Well look at a few of the words that have been used in a current topic: terrorist, bearded, weed, visa, immigration, donald rumsfeld, george bush, olympics, politics, muslim/moslem.

All used innocently enough (does anyone on here accesses the internet via a VPN or has a floating ip address) Could this site pop up on Big Brother's little brother's watch list? No, not at all because I don't like cricket, I LOVE IT.