howzdat

General discussions
howzdat

Unread post

Game in progress. One set all; and 5 games all in the third set. This will be a tough match for Garcia to win but I am rooting big time for her. However she is match point down on her serve after two and a half hours of play. Hooray Garcia saves the match point so it's deuce. Advantage Garcia on her serve! Deuce. Garcia now faces second match point against while serving ... and loses the point and the match 6-3, 4-6, 5-6. Grrrrrrr.

Don't fret sister, I have every faith that you will be a force to be reckoned with. Keep on keeping on.

regards

howzdat
howzdat

Unread post

Lashings All~Stars @LashingsWorldXI
Delighted to confirm we have resigned 'speed demon' @tinobest for 2016. Check out his dance moves here! " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; … #90mph
Resigned after one season is a reason for delight :?: :!: Folks the idea you are trying to convey is that you have re-signed Mr. Best.

:roll: :roll: Yes, is me signing on again :!: I have NOT resigned from Windiesfan.com :!:

Though am sure some allyuh wish that was the case
howzdat

Unread post

So we had:
Jack Warner, Trinidadian Parrot, claims to be a Patriot!
howzdat wrote:
Fifa crisis: Jack Warner 'to reveal all despite fears'
Jack Warner: The US charge sheet
Accused of racketeering, wire fraud, money laundering, bribery
From the early 1990s, he allegedly "began to leverage his influence and exploit his official positions for personal gain"
Allegedly accepted a $10m bribe from South African officials in return for voting to award them the 2010 World Cup
Allegedly bribed officials with envelopes each containing $40,000 in cash; when one demurred, he allegedly said: "There are some people here who think they are more pious than thou. If you're pious, open a church, friends. Our business is our business"
Fifa crisis: Jack Warner 'to reveal all despite fears' he intends to drape himself all over with a flag of Trinidad & Tobago - i mean convenience - and claim to be a Soca Warrior who acted always in the Nation's best interest.

Jack Warner, Trinidadian Parrot, claims to be a Patriot! Let's hear how he gonna sing.
Now, courtesy of the good old Beeb (in role of National Servant) I interpret that the
"UK in lather at Blatter's Blathering about 2018 Bid Process"
(my words not the folks from Aunty!)

Sepp Blatter: Russia 2018 World Cup 'agreed before vote.

Suspended Fifa president Sepp Blatter has suggested there was an agreement in place for Russia to host the 2018 World Cup - before the vote took place.

Quite frankly, this just aint cricket, ol' boy :!:... :roll: Talking of which (i mean balls) How is the Rugby World Cup going :?:
howzdat

Unread post

How did the heroes of the Caribbean help win WW2?
Why fight Britain's war?

In the 1930s there was labour unrest throughout Britain's eight Caribbean colonies. Strikes and riots were common as workers called for better wages, trade unions and a measure of self-government. So why were so many willing to fight for Britain when war broke out?
Mother Country

For many there was a sense of patriotic duty despite resentment of colonial rule. Britain still had great sentimental and symbolic importance. The colonial governments, schools, the churches and most of the media fostered love for the ‘Mother Country’. Placards were posted everywhere: ‘Do you want to help the war cause? England needs you!’

[youtube]http://bbc.in/1CAxeNe[/youtube]
Escape
Unemployment in the Caribbean rose as the war disrupted trade, so many workers joined up to escape poverty. A regular wage for the duration of the war was attractive despite the danger. Those with a sense of adventure were also keen to seek out new opportunities across the Atlantic and in America.

Fight fascism
In the 1930s Fascist Italy had invaded Abyssinia (now Ethiopia), introduced racial segregation and banned mixed marriage. Meanwhile Hitler, who believed in an Aryan master-race, had come to power in Germany. Many feared a return to slavery if Germany won the war.
...Courtesy the folks from 'Auntie'

http://bbc.in/1CAxeNe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
howzdat

Unread post

On Your Marks! The WADA of All Doping Bust-ups soon come

To over-egg the pudding, this one will run & run & run
howzdat

Unread post

Belgium orders Facebook to stop tracking non-users within 48 hours

Courtesy: http://venturebeat.com/2015/11/09/belgi ... -48-hours/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A judge in Belgium has ordered Facebook to stop tracking Internet users, specifically those who don’t have an account, based on apparent lack of consent. The court warned that failure to do so within the next 48 hours could result in fines of up to $269,000 a day (250,000 euros). Not surprisingly, the social networking company says it’ll appeal the decision.

Belgium’s privacy watchdog group brought forth the case this summer, alleging that Facebook was indiscriminately tracking Internet users when they visited a page on the social network or clicked on “like” or “share,” even if they weren’t one of the site’s 1.55 billion monthly active users. But if you’re a Facebook user, don’t worry — the company will still be able to track you.
Courtesy: http://www.vbprofiles.com/companies/3e1 ... 10032cd724" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Allegedly: Facebook is the world’s largest social network, with over 1.39 billion monthly active users. Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg in February 2004, initially as an exclusive network for Harvard students. It was a huge hit: in 2 weeks, half of the schools in the Boston area began demanding a Facebook network. Zuckerberg immediately recruited his friends Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes, and Eduardo Saverin to help build Facebook, and within four months, Facebook added 30 more college networks.

The original idea for the term Facebook came from Zuckerberg’s high school (Phillips Exeter Academy). The Exeter Face Book was passed around to every student as a way for students to get to know their classmates for the following year. It was a physical paper book until Zuckerberg brought it to the internet.

In its 2012 IPO filing, Facebook announced that it intends to grow in the near future by expanding its global user base, increasing engagement by developing new social tools, improving the mobile experience, and creating more value for advertisers and users.
howzdat

Unread post

Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:36 am
howzdat wrote:
howzdat wrote:I wonder why Usman Tariq Khawaja has been dropped from the Australia team currently playing in Sri Lanka?
And for the forthcoming tour of Sri Lanka in Australia, 2012-13 Hughes has been chosen to replace Ponting instead of Usman Tariq Khawaja. Bad luck Usman, hang on in there. If there is any sense of justice in the hearts of those interlopers Down Under your day will come.

Hughes chosen to replace Ponting.
Postby howzdat » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:17 am
Belated RIP Hughes. Usman Tariq Khawaja finally settling down some three years after first coming onto my radar. Currently 120 not out in the first innings of the second test vs New Zealand, having scored a big century in the first innings of the first test. Australian batting legend in the making??

Courtesy cricinfo:
Usman Khawaja needed plenty of patience and composure to qualify as a pilot, and the same qualities have made him one of the most promising batsmen in Australia. Born in Pakistan, Khawaja moved with his family to Australia when he was a young boy, and in the 2011 Sydney Ashes Test became the first Muslim to play for Australia. Batting at No.3 in place of the injured Ricky Ponting, he made 37 and 21 and showed impressive poise, giving Australia a ray of hope in a series that had brought them little but doom and gloom. A classy left-hander in the languid style of David Gower, Khawaja won further Test opportunities from 2011 to 2013 but never quite kicked on beyond his regularly appealing starts. Dropped during the 2013 Ashes, he earned another recall in 2015 for the home series against New Zealand following the retirements of Michael Clarke and Chris Rogers. A move from New South Wales to Queensland in 2012 helped to reinvigorate his career; he declared his enjoyment of the game had ebbed away in Sydney. A serious knee injury suffered in late 2014 put him out of action for six months, but when he returned to captain Australia A on the 2015 tour of India he impressed Rod Marsh's selection panel, and further leadership opportunities came when he was named captain of Queensland for the 2015-16 season.
ESPNcricinfo staff
howzdat

Unread post

I could well be a dummy but i am not finding much to enjoy about the http://www.cricinfo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; new layout! There is nothing intuitive about navigating around it. Who thought the current esign as a good idea? Stuuuppppsss some 'progress' is backward ..... like windies cricket i suppose, Good luck to them.
howzdat

Unread post

howzdat wrote:Once upon a time we lived in a very small world in which we were 'known' to only our blood kin and the few souls that formed part of our community. Nowadays though with the advent of the www and social media etc, etc we leave so much of ourselves to be picked up on by strangers in far flung parts of the world. Sometimes we use nicknames. Sometimes we confuse fame with infamy, both of which nowadays amass adulation and set others hankering after their own 15 minutes in the spotlight.

So after that bit of nonsense from me in the post above I googled the late Reeva Steenkamp and hit upon what purports to be her twitter account. Damn, the last entry was on February 13th!

R.I.P Reeva this one is for YOU.
Oscar Pistorius guilty of murdering Reeva Steenkamp
howzdat

Unread post

howzdat wrote: Dear Mr Roman,
It's still far be it for me to imagine how to spend money the likes as you are purported to be worth; so i will charge you only three million's worth of a currency to be named by me at a future date for this bit of consultancy!

Consultancy starts: If Mourinho requests that you obtaIn the services of Raphael Varane in pursuit of your ambitions to be at the helm of a football club that aims to be amongst the best, then nike! Got It? Good.

Trust me on this one Roman.

Reading this will imply full agreement on your part.

Consultancy Ends.

That'll be all for now as I know you are a really, really busy person.

btw unlike the Russian rouble my consultancy fee for this bit of business ONLY increases,

regards

howzdat
Dear Mr Roman,

Is me again. I don't think i really need to say more. Leicester City 2-0 Chelsea with 37 minutes to play. But it really look like more is less tonight; but is where Chelsea bound? To their 9th defeat of the season? :!:. Ended Leicester 2 Chelsea 1