howzdat

General discussions
howzdat

Unread post

howzdat wrote: Dear Mr Roman,
Is me again. I don't think i really need to say more. Leicester City 2-0 Chelsea with 37 minutes to play. But it really look like more is less tonight; but is where Chelsea bound? To their 9th defeat of the season? :!:. Ended Leicester 2 Chelsea 1
Dear Mr Roman is me again. You all never signed that French boy who plays for Real Madrid - a mistake in my books ... but i know even less about soccer than I do about cricket. You sacked Mourinho as is your prerogative ... Good luck Jose! But now i want to bet all of the billions of consultancy money that you are investing wisely for me that Pep will not be heading your way as a guard pon the Bridge. The possibility is so remote according to my soccer knowledge that am willing to risk ending up penniless ... virtuality speaking that is.

As a betting man I reckon that Pep will choose Manchester United, if a vacancy will arise.

Chelsea's players have a reputation issue full stop; as for some of the fans nuff said!

I do hedge my bets slightly :oops: because yes, Manchester City's deep pockets and ability to buy almost anyone could be a lure but my analysis is that Pep is a man who understands lore, legacy and aura. And Manchester City are not there quite yet. One could say that it is sad that they are based in Manchester :lol: If Moourinho stays in England then City may take a punt on him, if there becomes a vacancy.

I reckon that when Mr. Guardiola walks through the trophy room at Old Trafford containing silverware from way back before he and I were born, the hairs on the back of his neck will bristle. And I bet he will want to add his mark to that Pantheon! But hey, what do I know! :P

No, Manchester United's owners do not have as deep pockets, but the Reds have pulling power all over the world and the best players will want to join them if Pep comes calling. A successful Manchester United is a commercial money-making machine on the global scene and them corporate boys will be lining up - like affers at the wicb xmas party aka trough aka council privy - to catch a bit of the action! But hey, what do I know! :P

So there you have it Mr. Roman. My latest consultancy for all to see just like how I predicted that Mourinho less Chelsea was writing on the wall after that Leicester defeat! So now I am sticking my neck out again and opining that nor is Pep on the cards for Chelsea .. if there is a vacancy :|

PS: This is a whole heap of 'if'! :lol: :lol: But I think that if England is a place that appeals to Pep to ply his trade it will be somewhere in Manchester.

Headline: MancPepSter United (a loose play on Manc Pep stirs United)

Last edited by howzdat on Mon May 02, 2016 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howzdat

Unread post

howzdat

Unread post

howzdat did not wrote: My Headline: Manc Pep chooses to Stir City
Ah well, I lose all my money again! Guess it's time to relegate myself to the Champions League :roll:
Last edited by howzdat on Thu May 26, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikesiva

Unread post

howzdat wrote:
Only joking. Which reminds me ...Harper Lee's "Go Set a Watchman" goes on sale, however some decades before this (and Wikipedia) when i was in high school studying English Literature there was To Kill A Mockingbird

:roll: :roll: I, howzdat a mocking bird :?: Never :!:
Harper Lee passed away....

It's interesting to see white people pouring out their hatred on "Go Set A Watchman".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 5418c305a2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I read it, and to me it's even better than "To Kill A Mockingbird". It seems that a lot of North Atlantic readers and reviewers are having difficulty accepting the portrayal of Atticus as a racist, and that's the real source of all the negative reaction to the sequel. This is one of the reasons why I don't read reviews....
mikesiva

Unread post

My response to this article:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obitu ... 85536.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'Friends remained suspicious, and though it initially sold extremely well it was very poorly received by critics. This, though, will never detract from Lee’s achievement with To Kill A Mockingbird.'

Why would Go Set A Watchman "detract" from her achievements? Because the so-called critics didn't like it? More importantly, it sold very well, and I read it, and I thought GSAW was better than TKAM. It seems to me that North Atlantic reviewers are upset that Lee has exposed your beloved hero Atticus for what he really is - a racist. That bitter pill of truth is hard for you to swallow, Christopher, isn't it?

You clearly missed the hint Lee left in TKAM that revealed that Atticus really was a racist. Remember when Atticus told Scout that he shared the views of Cotton Tom Heflin? The problem was that more readers in 1950s Britain and America didn't know or had forgotten who Heflin was. Heflin was a white racist and supremacist in the 1920s:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Thomas_Heflin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You reviewers need to read between the lines, and then you won't be so shocked when the sequels reveal your characters for what they really are. What Lee was revealing was that white liberals want a certain amount of equality, but only to a point. They don't want real equality....
howzdat

Unread post

mikesiva wrote: Harper Lee passed away....

It's interesting to see white people pouring out their hatred on "Go Set A Watchman".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 5418c305a2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I read it, and to me it's even better than "To Kill A Mockingbird". It seems that a lot of North Atlantic readers and reviewers are having difficulty accepting the portrayal of Atticus as a racist, and that's the real source of all the negative reaction to the sequel. This is one of the reasons why I don't read reviews....
Classic post pardna!!
howzdat

Unread post

British number two Heather Watson (WTA ranked 53) beat France's Caroline Garcia (WTA ranked 41) 6-1 6-2 to reach the final of the Monterrey Open.

The 23-year-old broke the world number 38's serve five times in a dominant display in Mexico as she sealed victory in one hour and seven minutes.

Watson, whose ranking has dropped to 84, did not face a break point and lost only three points on her first serve.

She will meet Belgium's Kirsten Flipkens in Sunday's final as she aims to win her third WTA title.
Courtesy bbc

So, as written by yours truly on these pages sometime back Garcia did indeed overtake Watson in the rankings ....(albeit that watson has had a recent long injury layoff). However as you can guess i think this is a rivalry to watch.

Well played Heather
howzdat

Unread post

howzdat wrote: Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk - It's the horn section! Where the heck did I first hear that?!
Last edited by howzdat on Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
howzdat

Unread post

howzdat wrote:
howzdat wrote: Dear Mr Roman,
Is me again. I don't think i really need to say more... So there you have it Mr. Roman. My latest consultancy for all to see just like how I predicted that Mourinho less Chelsea was writing on the wall after that Leicester defeat! So now I am sticking my neck out again and opining that nor is Pep on the cards for Chelsea .. if there is a vacancy :|

PS: This is a whole heap of 'if'! :lol: :lol: But I think that if England is a place that appeals to Pep to ply his trade it will be somewhere in Manchester.

Headline: MancPepSter United (a loose play on Manc Pep stirs United)

Well I got a lot of that wrong didn't I :?: :?: The colour of Pep's squad, i mean, Ah well, a good dose of humility works well from time to time. I will look on with great interest to see how it all works out. Suffice to say that I won't be "having a horse" in that race grrrrr but there are other managerial fortunes that I will be keeping an eye on.
howzdat

Unread post

mikesiva wrote: Harper Lee passed away....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 5418c305a2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers Mike & thanks for the heads-up. I will give it a read.
Last edited by howzdat on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.