Guyana to establish centre for biodiversity study

General discussions
BallOil

Unread post

link

GUYANA is to establish a centre for biodiversity research, which will be managed according to international standards, and will include a teaching faculty, said President Bharrat Jagdeo.
He gave the commitment during a ceremony held on Friday in his honour for being a recipient of the 2010 Champions of the Earth Award, which he accepted in Seoul, Korea on April 22.
The President said the centre will be funded through the US$30 million expected shortly from Guyana’s Memorandum of Understanding with Norway.
“We have set aside money to develop an international centre for biodiversity research, and it will not only have scientists working to look at the flora and fauna and looking at the tens of thousands of products that we can make from the rainforests without destroying them, but it will also have a teaching faculty,” he said. He said, too, that the facility will be of a world standard level.
The Guyana Chronicle understands that the centre will be located at the Turkeyen Campus of the University of Guyana, but not much detail of the plan is available. There will be about nine priority areas that will be the focus of the centre’s research. According to the President, Government will be passing legislation to ensure that Guyana benefits from any findings of the work of the centre.
mapoui

Unread post

The President said the centre will be funded through the US$30 million expected shortly from Guyana’s Memorandum of Understanding with Norway.

read MONSANTO AND GM FOODS!
BallOil

Unread post

mapoui wrote:The President said the centre will be funded through the US$30 million expected shortly from Guyana’s Memorandum of Understanding with Norway.

care to elaborate?
mapoui

Unread post

BallOil wrote:
mapoui wrote:The President said the centre will be funded through the US$30 million expected shortly from Guyana’s Memorandum of Understanding with Norway.

care to elaborate?

american agriculture, all aspects of it, from reseach and development to its official administration by the department of agriculture, and where it intersects with american foreign policy, is controlled by Monsanto. Dow chemicals etc ...all of which corporations are, by interlocking administrations, one corporation.

nothing america does in the world in the area of agriculture, is outside the direction of Monsanto...or inconsistent with the spreading of the type of agricultural practices developed by Monsanto...it is a chemical based agriculture with the use of GM seeds.

thats what I mean! if that project is financed by america, american funds, grants etc...it can be nothing else but to penetrate Guyana with such agribusiness. we therefore can expect in guyana agribusiness and all the consequences of such practices that have polluted and poisoned america
mapoui

Unread post

look at this here!

the farmers of Haiti have commited to burn all GM seed sent to Haiti to be planted!

what has happened is that america has invaded Haiti, taken it over, supressed the people, slowed aid down to a trickle while people die from starvation, injury from the earthquake, lack of housing and exposure to the elements.

in the meantime Bill Clinton is the defacto president of Haiti and the american have taken over Haitian agriculture and are instituting american type agribusiness. such agribusiness includes the plannting of genetically modified corn seeds. and the haitian people have said they will burn all of it. they rather starve than plant that poison!

let me also tell you this: there was an american corporation several years ago called EPICITE OR EPICYTE OR EPYCITE...I cant recall the exact spelling of that word relative to the company or corporation....that developed a type of GM corn that sterlised those who ate it. eat that corn and you lose your ability reproduce.

this is straight fact and true and it is archived soemwhere I am sure. I will look for links!

monsanto bought that corporation and incorporated it soon after its 'break-through' was announced.

ever since that development, Africans in particular have been loathe to eat american corn. recall when Zimbabwe had its drought they refused american food aid to the chagrin of Colin Powell then american sec of state.

the Haitian people have a real case when they refuse to plant such GM seed for the danger to their survival is clear. there is no doubt in mind at all that a disater will occur in Haiti again if GM seed is allowed to be planted there to feed the Haitian people. this will not not a disaster about which one can say OOPs! look what I have done! and try to correct it. there is no cure for what faces the Haitin people, and all people of colour in the world, exposed to american GM seed and agricultural products
BallOil

Unread post

nothing america does in the world in the area of agriculture, is outside the direction of Monsanto...or inconsistent with the spreading of the type of agricultural practices developed by Monsanto...it is a chemical based agriculture with the use of GM seeds.
Did you see Food, Inc?
mapoui

Unread post

no...I have not taken the time to watch! I am not that emotionally strong! I am not strong at all in fact, so I stay away from I know will upset me and send me down for days,

I know enough however and I keep myself a-breast of whats going on other than viewing the terrible images