Who Here Lives in Canada...Ontario...southwestern

General discussions
mapoui

Unread post

Ontario?

man! the summer has started out with a power that is amazing already! :D :D :D

every day the sun is out, bright! the days are green, shimmering, emerald. its great just to be outside, next to the water, the rivers, any lake, the bayfront.

we havent had such an early start to the real warmth of summer in a long time! the vitamin d is flowing! I am grabbing mine. I intend to store up a lot for when the sun starts to hide again! :D :D :D.

am geting as black as I used to be already. by august I suppose I will be burnt to a kris! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Huckle

Unread post

Enjoy the outdoors bro... soak up di sun, fly a kite, ketch some fish, etc...

Come to New York and hang with di Huckster ;) The weather is good here too and enjoying it as well ... The backyard in tiptop shape with hammock , refrigerator in the garage with some cool ones :lol:
mapoui

Unread post

I live in hamilton Ontario! there are miles and miles of pathway along the water...lake ontario.

the trout strong in these waters. we can get much closer to the lake here than in toronto and you can see the trout jumping and playing in schools near to the shore, big and fat bwoy! tons of them.

lost of people fish but only with bait and line! thats all I think we permited to do.

fitness is the focus now from the long winter so is walking then running. as soon as I alright is line and bait, a book and cooling out.

sorry westindies decide to play in june. is a straight choice between the water and cricket.

in june cricket doh have a chance...unless I playing it. but I ent play in years! to late for anything but pass' out fuh me :D

and nobody up here know about pass'out so there! the waters then! man :D
mapoui

Unread post

Huckle wrote:Enjoy the outdoors bro... soak up di sun, fly a kite, ketch some fish, etc...

Come to New York and hang with di Huckster ;) The weather is good here too and enjoying it as well ... The backyard in tiptop shape with hammock , refrigerator in the garage with some cool ones :lol:

new york is nice huckster! I used to love new york back in the day...brooklyn, manhattan...there is where my people were and are.

my daughter used to work and live in manhattan for price waterhouse 3 years ago! thats the last time I was in new york. the border is tears now! you need a pasport and I have one but the customs and immigration people are tears. they tormented me a few times so I stopped going over.

I thought it was me alone until I saw sneaked videos of far worse happening to other canadians at the border. man the american customs and immigration are a law unto themselves and after what I went through... and what I see others going through... I have stopped crossing the american border.

I thought things would get better with Obama but they have actually gotten worse.

I would love to see new york again but I dont know man! and the thing is I get wonderful hotel rates now at any fairmount hotel in north america and there are lots.
Huckle

Unread post

BTW, what is pass'out ? I see you are the active type...good to keep the body in shape and well oiled.. :D
mapoui

Unread post

pass'out is half wicket cricket with three stumps if yu have them, or whatever you have for stumps. and any piece of ground will do.

yu just stand up and bowl or a step or 2 and deliver! spin and trickery are paramount..and yu not hitting fours etc. yo can play for runs too if you want, but any number of people can play..twenty, thirty peole can play depends on who want to pay.

thae batsman bats and whoever fields the ball can bowl it to the batsman. if he gets him out he wins the bat and takes over at the crease.

its the ultimate laissez faire. how you do is entirely up to you.

you have to field the ball to get a chance to bowl and out the batsman, and win a bat. and to out him you have to bowl him because if he sends a catch the man who catches the ball gets the bat...and he can give the ball he caught to anyone he chooses.

and getting bowled is most interesting! to get bowled all you have to do is play and miss :D :D :D

if you play and miss you out...same way if yu stumps get spread-eagled yu out too!

and at times just to make thngs interesting, a money man would pass, join a lime by the side and start to put coins on the stumps . knock them down and you get the coins.

remember no fast bowling and big hitting..its half pitch or less and man just stand up an bowl or take a step.

some of the best bowlers would tell us they were going to searh us, tell which pocket in which we had coin money with the ball they were going to bowl.....meaning that would hit you on the leg on your pocket, to reveal which one your change was in. and they would proceed to do just that so much hey could do with a cricket ball

and if yu wicketkeep you have max chance of batting

keeping is very lucrative because you can make deals with bowlers...yu bat first if the bowler you give a ball to, gets the batsman out bowled. but that is also a vast competition because if yu bat someone else keeps and you wont get back the keeping automaticlly when you out.

it makes sense to make plenty deals and not to bat soon to lose the keeping too quickly

yu can imagine how usefull this painless free for all was early in the season to get man fit and bring in your eye. it was useful at all times because it requiered great skill to survive for most guys could really tweak and hide the ball back in those days.

all they had to do was make you miss one! you did not have to play..yu could let a ball passs you by without a shot. and sometmes we limited that too. you refuse to play 3 times in your innings and you were out. and people kept score! :D :D :D
Last edited by mapoui on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
BallOil

Unread post

mapoui wrote:pass'out is half wicket cricket with three stumps if yu have them, or whatever you have for stumps. and any piece of ground will do.

yu just stand up and bowl or a step or 2 and deliver! spin and trickery is paramount..and yu not hitting fours etc. yo can play for runs too if you want, but any number of people can play..twenty, thirty peole can play depends on who want to pay.

thats bats man bats and whoever he fields thr ballcan bow it to the batsman. if he gets him out he wins the bat or takes over at the crease.

its the ultimate laissez faire. how you do is entirely up to you.

you have to field the ball to get a chance to owl and out the and get a bat. and to out him you have to bowl him because if he sends a catch the man who catches the ball gets the bat...and he can give the ball he caught to anyone he chooses.

and getting bowled is most interesting! to get bowled all you have to do is play and miss :D :D :D

if you play and miss you out...same way if yu stumps get spread-eagled yu out too!

and at times just to make thngs interesting a money man would pass, join a lime by he side and start to put coins on the stumps . know them down and you get the coins.

remember no fast bowling and big hitting..its half pitch or less and man just stand up an bowl or take a step.

some of the best bowlers would tell us they were going to searh us, tell which pocket in which we had coin money with the ball they were going to bowl. meaning that would hit you on the leg on your pocket, to reveal which one your change was in. and they would proceed to do tjust that so much hey could do with a cricket ball

and if yu wicketkeep you have max chance of batting

keeping is very lucrative because you can make deals with bowlers...yu bat first if the bowler you give a ball to gets the batsman. but that is also a vast competition because if yu bat someone else keeps and you wont get back the keeping automaticlly when you out.

it makes sense to make plenty deals and not to bat soon to lose the keeping too quickly

yu can imagine how usefull this painless free for all was early in the season to get man fit and bring in your eye. it was useful at all times because it requiered great skill to survive for most guys could really tweak and hide the ball back in those days.

all they had to do was make you miss one! you did not have to play..yu could let a ball passs you by without a shot. and sometmes we limited that too. you refuse to play 3 times in your innings and you were out. and people kept score! :D :D :D
sounds like fun...I've played it numerous times and its fun and competitive ... We call it get the ball bowl, out di man bat.. :)