Oh Gord ... Lil Willie got fired as Asst Coach of the WI

General discussions
socafighter

Unread post

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/W ... 62093.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Williams replaced as West Indies assistant coach

Former West Indies and Trinidad and Tobago wicketkeeper David Williams has been replaced by Toby Radford as the West Indies senior team assistant coach.
This was one of the major decisions taken during a two-day meeting of the Board of Directors of the West Indies Cricket Board in St Lucia last weekend.
The decisions taken at the meeting were summarised in a media release on Thursday and the one pertaining to the assistant coaching position stated: “The Board approved that Mr Toby Radford, former head coach of the Sagicor High Performance Centre, be assigned as the West Indies senior team assistant coach on a tour by tour basis.”
No reference was made to the previous assistant coach, Williams, who served in the post for the last four and a half years and who was also held the post on a tour by tour basis.
Trinidad and Tobago director on the WICB Baldath Mahabir confirmed that Williams was replaced but could not say if the former wicket-keeper would have a future role in the coaching staff of the regional team.
Contacted by the Express yesterday, Williams said he got the news about the decision but has not received any official communication from the WICB and said he was waiting to get something official from the Board before making any further comments.
“I am disappointed, but these things happen in life and you have to pick up the slack and move on,” Williams said.
He said that what was even more disappointing was the way the news came to him and how late the call came about his removal.
“Just a couple of days ago they called me about the position. (They said) they wanted a coach to work with the younger batters,” Williams explained.
Williams said he was happy to be part of the regional set-up for the last four-and-a-half years and feels he still has a lot to offer.
He said: “I enjoyed my time (with the West Indies team). It was really a great experience and I want to thank the West Indies Cricket Board for that experience.
“It is not the end of the road. I hope the West Indies Cricket Board knows that I still have a lot to offer West Indies cricket,” he added.

Other decisions taken at the WICB Board meeting included the introduction of “performance points” in all regional tournaments and the establishment of a three-man committee to assess the playing conditions of all regional tournaments.
The Board also directed that all players at the Sagicor High Performance Centre pursue Level 1 coaching certification which will, in the long term, broaden the pool of proficient and effective coaches in the region.

It was decided that West Indies senior team head coach Ottis Gibson, in collaboration with “master trainers,” be assigned to conduct evaluation of coaches to ensure, among other things, they are improving the technical skills of players and executing their roles in a way which is consistent with the WICB’s coaching standards.
The Board also approved the introduction of a “grading system” for pitches.
The release also confirmed that India “A” are scheduled to tour the Caribbean later this year and will play two unofficial Tests, two Twenty20s and three 50 over matches against the West Indies “A” team.
socafighter

Unread post

I guess Otis couldnt find an OECS Coach , since lil Willie was a players coach

and wouldn't rat out the players . :evil: :evil: :evil:

Lil Willie spent 4 years working for the WICB and this is how you get released.

The WICB and Otis just want YES men and rats to inform management in the Coaching
Group.

What a fcking bunch of low life Management and the WICB are ..... :evil: :evil: :evil:

I hope the aussies ram their kookaburra up the West Indies arses without vaseline ... :evil:
mikesiva

Unread post

“I am disappointed, but these things happen in life and you have to pick up the slack and move on,” Williams said. He said that what was even more disappointing was the way the news came to him and how late the call came about his removal. “Just a couple of days ago they called me about the position. (They said) they wanted a coach to work with the younger batters,”

The WICB didn't even have the common decency to say in their release who Radford was replacing, and to thank him for his years of service....
:?
Is this the way Otis and the dictators choose to operate?
mapoui

Unread post

ANOTHER STINKER FROM SKUNT HUNTER! AND AN ENGLISHMAN TO BOOT.

THIS WILL MAKE AFRO HAPPIER THAN PAPPY AND JEMIMAH. RADFORD IS HIS BOY.

AND THE 'CRIMES' AGAINS THE UN-WORRELL OTIS GIBSON ARE RACKING UP. DAT SKUNT WILL NEVER BE A COACH AGAIN ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHEN THIS HUNTE GIG IS DONE.

HE BETTER PICK OUT A PLOT OF LAND SOMEWHERE IN THE WERSTINDIES TO PLANT GARDEN. THATS IT FUH HIM!
DMan

Unread post

.....and the downward decline of West Indies cricket continues thanks for a bunch of idiots running the WICB. :roll:

Hasn't our cricket suffered enough and been the gutters long enough?
BallOil

Unread post

The WICB didn't have the decency to give lil Willie a call? SMH
AFRO

Unread post

mapoui wrote:ANOTHER STINKER FROM SKUNT HUNTER! AND AN ENGLISHMAN TO BOOT.

THIS WILL MAKE AFRO HAPPIER THAN PAPPY AND JEMIMAH. RADFORD IS HIS BOY.
OH GIVE IT A REST!!.. Radford is a PROVEN TOP CLASS BATTING COACH who can only help the likes of Darren Bravo, Powell, Edwards, Barath, Brathwaite etc GET BETTER, wouldn't that be a GOOD THING for WI cricket? or should we disregard what the man can do for the team just because he's English? :roll:
mapoui

Unread post

radford is an englishman whose cricket and the westindies are incompatible. radford is a clod house violet in sugar cane country.

batting coach my arse. who is he going to teach to bat..players aho already have their styles worked out and set. all he is going to to is screw up westindies batting..like bennet sking and john dyson screwed up the whole team

screw Radford. he is Beckles bwoy and so your bwoy too afro, wicb lackey. thats what yu agree too and with..making work for a forriner, an englishman at that, who does not fit... at the expense of a westindian.

its another total stinker for hunter/hillaire. hol' yuh nose! man dat is awful! :x :x :x
AFRO

Unread post

BWAHAHAHAHA THERE GOES THE OLD SKUNT EXPOSING HIS OWN PREJUDICE AGAIN!! :roll: , the same hypocritical SKUNT who's been running down the likes of Brathwaite, Barath, Powell etc is now MOANING because they are gonna get help from a batting coach?!!..HOW IRONIC!! :lol: :lol: :lol: ,

How an old fool who claims "he knows cricket" can suggest that just because a man happens to be english he won't be able to help a west indian batter IS JUST PURE MADNESS!!, I'M INCLINED TO WONDER IF YOU EVEN KNOW THE GAME AT ALL? :shock: so what about Dravid giving Kirk Edwards advice about his batting the other day? HE'S NOT FROM THE WEST INDIES IS HE? so does that mean Kirk's game has suffered as a result? NO IT HASN'T, IF ANYTHING IT'S GOT BETTER,

So please engage your silly brain before you make stupid statements in the future, because your naivety is giving me pure jokes right now!! :D .
mapoui

Unread post

afro...if yu were a leader of anything I was a part of I would get out and battle on my own.

yu are so stupid, I mean incorrigbly stupid, that yu would lead your group astray and not even know it.

boss look here..let me tell yu this right. If I have to do anything at all with blac people I hire no whites..none at all.

why? it is not that whites cant be useful and loyal to blac issues and work positively if they are involved. but they would have had to prove it by long association. that is the challenge of life and leadership. you have to learn by experience who to trust and why, and who not to trust and why.

I have had a long life of experience with what racism has done to people the world over..what it continues to do to people. and if you as a westindian have to represent the people you better be smart enuff to protect the peoples interest and not expose them to ruin by brining in enemies who will hurt the people badly.

the people would have to pay a price for you to lear, but by then it would be too late.

and I know Hillary Beckles and the absolute traitor that he is. Radford as an associate of Beckles, is bound to be an enemy of blac people. he is in the westindies courtesy of Beckles..he is Beckles running dog thats what he is, and so an enemy of the people.

yu are a damm fool afro..but we doh have to go along with you. the white people, who, after being brought up in racist societies, who cut through all that conditioning to see the world for real, and so are capable of working with people of colour honestly when they have to, are few and far between.

it is a fact of the life we live, beyond the choice of white people, who did not chosse the content of the soceity in which they grew. they grew up white and there is so much racism embedded inb white society they have no choice but to be conditioned to dislike, distrust and work against blac people.

we have all this knowledge now, we have so many studies done on this subject and yet you talking bullcrap about prejudice. facts man! facts of life yu have to deal with when making decisons. for yourself that is fine. if yu get screwed dats all right. who cares.

but if you making decisons for plenty people then we have a problem. you will make damm fool un-inforend decisions and expose your people to the very thing they ask yu to lead to avoid.

jackasss! screw radford. send the skunt home..and beckles along with him. hunter and hillaire too!