Afro, The Fan and Me!

General discussions
mapoui

Unread post

Erm what does "THINGIE" mean? THAT'S NOT IN THE "ENGLISH LANGUAGE" EITHER YOU DUMB SKUNT!!.. NICE TRY BUT I'M AFRAID YOU'VE FAILED AGAIN YOU OLD, WASHED UP HUSSY!! .

before afro came to this msb the occassions on which people attacked each other personally were few and far between.

due to his constant pressure afro has reduced the tenor of debate here to one replete with abusive langauege and personal attack, misogny, racism, idiotic simplicity and and down-right lunacy.

afro is a factor of human de-evolution....not one who improves mood, debate quality and general advance but one who takes us backward, into old stupid, inefficient behaviours of the past.

that is what is important as far as I am concerned.

I am not against what are called expletives. as in north america, cuss words should be legal, part of the free use of langauge. but they are best used in context, for the purpose for which all speech is intended..THE CONVEYANCE OF MEANING!

it is really hopeless to see afros posts, hundereds of them, all abusive, all capitalised and attacking ones sight, with the most senseless repetition of stupid, abusive langauge.

it is a serious turn off and hard work to avoid it everyday... dealing with these offensive, pointless nonsensical posts..so much so I have been tempted to stop posting several times in the past just because of afro.

all of this does nothing for me. I am long past this immaturity and backwardness. I thought I would use afro, string him out, make a lot of activity on the board, a place I have had a connection with from the start.

but that isnt working either. I have found myself regressing under afros pressure and I dont like that... I dont want the level of activity he represents and what it is doing to this board.

in fact I would prefer that the activity on the board reduces rather than to deal with afros level, constantly.

as far as I am concerned it is either afro raises his level or I dont speak with him, too him, or off him, as long as I am here. it is completely illogical for this to continue. and it certainly wont from my end of it

and if afros abusive nonsense and voluminous low level debating does not stop I will leave the board.

I have a lot to do with my time. I often steal time away from my usual duties to post here. or else between my work I am posting. thats a kind of commitment of love..for the game, the westindies, this board. but it cannot continue to be expressed indefinetly in these circumstances

it is either afro cuts out the personal attacks and brings his debate into sanity, responsive to the facts in the issues under consideration, admit truth where it stares us in the face, and expresses positively, his supposed love of westindies cricket relevant to the facts in issues, historical and current.

it is idiotic to talk of and consider westindies cricket in a vaccum of 20 years of focus. that is anti-intellectual, anti intelligent, a-historical and impractical. that does nothing for progress, hurts the development of intellect, and leaves a huge gap that has been filled in by expletive-ridden personal atack and abuse.

thats it for me. it changes or I am gone!

I have had enuff!
Last edited by mapoui on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arnik

Unread post

mapoui wrote:thats it for me. it changes or I am gone!
I have had enuff!
I would miss you if you left.

With the Australian tour just around the corner I would not get the opportunity to show you that you were wrong in expecting a whitewash.
mapoui

Unread post

Arnik wrote:
mapoui wrote:thats it for me. it changes or I am gone!
I have had enuff!
I would miss you if you left.

With the Australian tour just around the corner I would not get the opportunity to show you that you were wrong in expecting a whitewash.
well it wud not be polite to deny yu such an opportunity! I will endeavour to be around to witness such a grand and wondrus result

but that fella must be disciplined. his pressure to the begative is too great. I lost it and I am not too happy with that fact. I am here not for the pleasure of it but not to be forced backwards into stupifity we fought for independence to clean-up and get ourselves forward.

now here we are in the same crab barrell for no good reason!

I am apalled. I wont tolerate it. and I wont let myself be affected by it. so if I have to leave I will!
Westdem

Unread post

I notice that there are lots on tension....Can we all just get along? Life too short to cut our liberty short....lets all agree to disagree and I do agree the name calling is a little degrading and uncalled for...

Maps..I am sorry that you are feeling this way but I can guarantee you AFRO is nat de only guilty one here....
mapoui

Unread post

Westdem wrote:I notice that there are lots on tension....Can we all just get along? Life too short to cut our liberty short....lets all agree to disagree and I do agree the name calling is a little degrading and uncalled for...

Maps..I am sorry that you are feeling this way but I can guarantee you AFRO is nat de only guilty one here....

true! I too am guilty. I lost the high ground. and I know soca and her mouth long time.

but soca posts a lot more positive generally than Afro. and when she sees something positive in other she is not so wicked as not to recognise it, and cite it.

soca has latched on to a position opposed to the westindian cricket status quo that is valid, backed up by a case she herself has collated. she may be wrong or right in whole or in part or totally. but the work she has done conforms to good intellectual activity, opposed to afros' generally superficial contributions

but the nonsense has gone on long enuff. whatever of that sort of thing that had gone on before in these pages was'nt that bad. it wasnt on-going. it flared-up and it was done.

but it is afros way the nastiness; it is constant from him.

that may be fun as a passing thing but it is demeaning and destructive as permanent fare...and it is driving the board into constant, loud and repetitive nastiness and irrelevancy.

most importantly it is the low level of afros debate, its four-square stance in the face of, and path of logic.

afro has staked out a window on westindies cricket..about 20 years back to now..and on the NOW period. that is what he has demanded to focus on and cusses all and everyone as ole, irrelevant, wukless..every expletive possible... who comes from outside that time frame.

but that is sick, insane, ridiculous!

it is like america wanting to bomb a nation..tells that nation and the world that that nation has stuff, and is doing stuff that is illegal and they will be bomed for it...YET NO ONE CAN FIND ANY PROOF OF WHAT THEY, AMERICANS, ARE ACCUSING THE NATION OF.

but it is sufficient that america says it. because they say it, it is indeed so and the targeted nation will be bombed!

AFRO SAYS THE NOW, TODAY, THIS MINUTE ...IS ALL. NOTHING ELSE MATTERS! AND TO HELL WITH EVERYONE WHO SAYS DIFFERENTLY

that is absolute nonsense. counter-productive

and at some point..NO MATTER WHO IS TO BLAME THE ABUSIVENESS PASSES A POINT THAT BEGINS TO DESTROY THE QUALITY OF THE PROJECT..WHICH IS THE FAN.

that is my case. it must stop and we must get back to arguing the points, building cases, using precendent, developing oursleves while we are involved in doing something we like.

in doing somethng we enjoy, we must not take ourselves backward...or allow ourselves to be de-evolved
Arnik

Unread post

mapoui wrote:I am apalled. I wont tolerate it. and I wont let myself be affected by it. so if I have to leave I will!
Mapoui, I know you have been on other boards as have others here so you should by now know how to deal with stuff.

Hope you stick around cause we are in for an interesting 6 months starting in a couple of weeks.
mapoui

Unread post

arnik..just take a look at the link to the antigua observer that admin just posted.

on the facts that is a logical comment in total, relative to the wicb. that is true. that is what all westindians know. if yu love westindies cricket how can you go against that content?

it is bascially what Lester Bird siad that afro dissected yesterday in favour of the wicb

that is the ill logic I am talking about.

and calling for the re-instatement of Julian Hunte for 3 more years, a man who has done more to harm westindies cricket as chairman than any of his predecessors..is more of the same.

when I make this claim I do so in awareness of the presidents before him..Hunte.

the white people of the westindies built westindies cricket. they are the ones who bequeathed to us the wicbc and westindian-wide cricket organisation and the team that ultimately became the beacon of unity for westindians....the factor that unified us more than any other.

people like HBG Austin, R K Nunes of Jamaica, the Grants of Trinidad, Jeffery Stollmeyer and Gerry Gomez, the near white Allan Rae and Gerry Alexander, Steve Comacho, are by right and deed westindian heroes..some of them before there was a westindies in the sense we know now.

I know a great deal of anecdotes about most of these people, collected over the years that display their warts, their prejudices etc. but the solidity of the contributions they made to westindies cricket and regional development are clear and unambigous.

and for these people the team was all..not their bureaucracy but the team.

Julian Hunte is a failed politican of grandioise ambition and dreams...who has made the wicb his political platforn and base of operations to carry out his ambition to be a regional statesman..one the people of st lucia refused to elect him to carry out.

as wicb president Hunte acts like a prime minister not a cricket chairman. he has made the regional cricket bureaucracy front and centre of the functioning of the wicb... not the successful functioning of the westindies cricket team on the fields of the world.

Julian Hunte is like a cancer at the centre of things, a man who is forcing his organisation to be what it is not..an office of a prime minister

but the overall aspect of Huntes leadership and its histoprical perspective is catergorically dismissed here, out of hand, and some bunch of small of wicb initiatives under Hunte, substituted as evidence of hisvupreme value...when in truth and in fact his destructives of the ineterest of the office he occupies is really the fundamental fact of his occupation of it

how in heavens name can I deal with anything of the sort, incessantly repeated as some kind of fundamental fact and proof that Julian Hunte is the second coming?

we have to have some basis of proper reasoning, to be able to know whats going on..not to be hoistedup on an antagonistic hook constantly beating each others brains out, on the same repetitive crap, while the world is passing by and we loose cohesiveness on the issues
BallOil

Unread post

Westdem wrote:I notice that there are lots on tension....Can we all just get along? Life too short to cut our liberty short....lets all agree to disagree and I do agree the name calling is a little degrading and uncalled for...

Spot on... we all get carried away at times. However, lets move on as a group ...what is done..done!
BallOil

Unread post

How about a group hug? what a sight would it be to see Westdem hugging both Afro and Soca :) Maps next to Afro and his buddy Googley, Mike , Arnik, myself, and all the other diehard fans :lol: 8-)
Westdem

Unread post

BallOil wrote:How about a group hug? what a sight would it be to see Westdem hugging both Afro and Soca :) Maps next to Afro and his buddy Googley, Mike , Arnik, myself, and all the other diehard fans :lol: 8-)
8-)
To top off this special moment...we can have Sknash take the Photographs!!! 8-)