Ghana vs Oz...World Cup!

General discussions
mapoui

Unread post

I just watched my first full WC game...all 90 minutes of it...and to say I am disappointed is to understate. the world cup is all hype. the quality of play on he field is not worthy of the discriptive, world class.

ghan comes out asleep at the whell and allows a manisfestly clueless Oz team a lead. talk about setting yourself up for defeat.

then ghana lucks out and gets a penaly and squeaks home witha draw and a point. ghana will go forward I am sure but not much further than the next round. ghana could not defeat an ordinary Oz side with 10 men. they will not defeat the betetr sides ahead.

but the ill play is stunning! the grabbing, the pushing, going for players legs blatantly, the flopping...the absolutely extraordinary emphasis on defence by ALL teams in the world cup is...I cant find a negative to really capture what I think of it. its extraordinary!

also the individual skills are lacking. it seems players are all very fit, can run and run and run and run......all day it seems like. there are some ordinary ball control skills but shooting the ball at the goal is atrocious. the strikers dont know where the goal is...they miss all the time by miles.

I am looking at a load of ordinary football, very, very, very ordinary football! there is no class to it, nothing to stamp it an expositon of soccer, that the worlds waits 4 years to see. I wait not even an hour to watch any of this nonsense. the soccer on the field is a war of attrition, a physical battle for survival, when it should be an exhibiton of skill and creativity, or aggressive soccer, filled with explosive and creative scoring, skilled defence, soaring goal-keeping.

there were world cups like that in the past! but it has stayed in the past. the world cup is now a war on the field, in which tuff ordinary players, focused on defence dominate. it is an ugly, unattractive, goals-poor experience, that i wlll waste little furtgher time watching