Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again.

West Indies cricket discussions
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

"... The suspense did not last long. Gayle had not even opened his account when he was caught at the wicket off Mohammad Saifuddin. My taxi-driver reckoned that the Jamaican had spent more time on the dance-floor last night where his friend had seen him. I couldn’t possibly comment as I was still trying to find a place in the press-box ..."

Source: Hope spring eternal for West Indies
mikesiva

Unread post

What are these jokers going to do when the 40 year old retires?
:roll:
Gayle 87

Hope 1
Pooran 1
Lewis 0
Holder 0

What a collapse! Once Gayle got out there was no hope for these jokers.
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:What are these jokers going to do when the 40 year old retires?
:roll:
Gayle 87 ...
Given that Gayle's 87 effectively came from four innings, he having been very generously dropped on 15 and then again on 58 and 59, before he was actually out, hopefully, what "these jokers" will learn following his retirement is the need for senior members of a team to take responsibility for guiding it to victory when well-placed to do so.

This seems to be what other teams and their senior players are doing, when the opportunity presents itself.

Most of the opponents that they face will not be as generous as New Zealand were.

"Next time son, pick a 'Universe Boss' at batting like we did, not disco dancing"
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

"The New South Wales Court of Appeal has upheld cricketer Chris Gayle's $300,000 defamation win against publications including The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age despite finding his barrister "went too far" in parts of his closing address to the jury in a way that was "not fair" to a witness ..."
Herald and Age lose appeal against Chris Gayle defamation win

The Court also dismissed a cross-appeal brought by Gayle to increase the size of his damages payout
Gils

Unread post

Well well, the battyology has really taken off here, but how many times can the zealot offer up a deuce for an ace :lol:
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

17 February 2019:
"Chris Gayle, the veteran West Indies opener and self-styled “Universe Boss”, has warned English cricket that The Hundred will not be a success unless “the greatest player in the world” is invited along. In other words: Chris Gayle ..."

Source: Chris Gayle declares himself ‘greatest player’ and wants Hundred invite

20 October 2019:

"West Indian star Chris Gayle was overlooked as the eight teams for next year’s inaugural season of The Hundred took shape in a televised player draft that saw Afghanistan spinner Rashid Khan emerge as number one pick ..."

Source: The Hundred draft: Chris Gayle misses out as tournament takes shape

“Well, if I don’t start it, it won’t be a tournament”
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

Don't blame me, said Chris Gayle as he bid an explosive goodbye to the Jozi Stars and a disastrous MSL campaign. The defending champions are yet to win a single game, which has led to some finger-pointing.

The 40-year old West Indies opener leaves South Africa with 101 runs from six innings; 54 of them came on Sunday ...
Source: 'Chris Gayle never get no respect' - An explosive MSL goodbye

'Chris Gayle never get no respect'
Gils

Unread post

.........crumbs are for the roaches
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

West Indies: Chris Gayle wants to carry on playing 'until I'm 45'

"I am sure I am getting younger as the days go on"
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post