ICC Women's World T20, 2nd Semi: Aus Women vs WI Women

Women's Cricket Forum
Keith

Unread post

This is torture Mike, I will look at the scorecard later.

BTW I ran into Howie some time last week where we had a heated debate on what the IMF had done to Jamaica. I ran into him again last night but this time, the wife being with me, explained to me who he was. He asked me to convey greeting to you.
mikesiva

Unread post

Keith wrote:This is torture Mike, I will look at the scorecard later.

BTW I ran into Howie some time last week where we had a heated debate on what the IMF had done to Jamaica. I ran into him again last night but this time, the wife being with me, explained to me who he was. He asked me to convey greeting to you.
That's great news! What is he doing now?
:)
howzdat, this Howie was my next door neighbour when I was growing up in suburban Kingston, and we both went to Jamaica College together, before Howard's parents moved with him and his siblings to St Kitts. He has a Jamaican mother and a Nevisian father.
8-)
It's a small world, thanks to the internet, isn't it?

Damn, the RRR is 10 an over now....
:(
SF Daley c Blackwell b Osborne 25 (34b 3x4 0x6) SR: 73.52
Fall of wicket: 76/5 (16.2 ov); Partnership: 48 runs, 9.2 overs, RR: 5.14

JB Nero b Hunter 31 (45b 4x4 0x6) SR: 68.88
Fall of wicket: 78/6 (17.1 ov); Partnership: 2 runs, 0.5 overs, RR: 2.40

SACA King c Perry b Hunter 1 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR: 50.00
Fall of wicket: 79/7 (17.3 ov); Partnership: 1 runs, 0.2 overs, RR: 3.00
howzdat

Unread post

I know what it is like to meet an old friend in the most unlikely of places. Yeah, the world is a small place and indeed smaller, even if sometimes only virtually so, thanks to the www. Well done to the Aussies, their temperament pulled them through in this game.
BallOil

Unread post

Thanks for running with this... Sorry to hear that the WI women didn't win this one...
Australia Women 115/7 (20/20 ov)
West Indies Women 87 (19.2/20 ov)
Australia Women won by 28 runs
Keith

Unread post

He's currently working for a local private company but from our heated debate last, I gleaned that he had dabbled with Finance and Statistics within the government in the past.

Last week, UWI ran this documentary, I cannot recall the name of it, which revealed what Jamaicans have been going through economically speaking, since the IMF has introduced structured adjustment and other measures. Imagine Howie was defending the IMF policies... I took him to task that night especially since I have just read Susan George! Enough said about this...

I am looking forward to see the men's semis given that I am at home today :D