Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again.

West Indies cricket discussions
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:The difference between Gayle and the WETTs is that at least Gayle is an allrounder....

In this match today, Gayle bowled four overs and took 2-17, while Narine could only manage 1-23 from his four overs...so Gayle outperformed Narine today.
8-)
None of the Windies players are batting consistently in this Big Bash...but how are they performing with the ball?

1) Pollard - four wickets, ave 22.75, ER 9.10
2) Samuels - four wickets, ave 25.75, ER 6.43
3) Gayle - three wickets, ave 23.66, ER 6.45
4) Narine - one wicket, ave 136, ER 6.80
5) Roach - one wicket, ave 63, ER 7.71

Gayle is outperforming Narine with the ball in this tournament so far....Gayle and samuels have the best returns so far, while Pollard has been expensive, and Narine and Roach have difficulties taking wickets.
WAH? :shock: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you mean the JAFAKEN skunt is so desperate that he's totally bypassing Gayle primary job which is BATTING and now wants to compare his bowling to Narine? :? IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOT OLD BOY? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lord i've seen Mike graspe at straws before, the day he was caught LYING about Rawl Lewis cames to mind, but this is just PATHETIC, and just personifies why he's a biased dunce who has an agenda,

You wanna compare Gayle's bowling to Narine old man? GO LOOK AT THEIR FECKING AVERAGES THEN!!.. seeing as you love to talk about "average" so much!!.. idiot!! :mrgreen: .
howzdat

Unread post

Ah well, hope I will be forgiven for talking to myself out loud by way of reminiscing. Here goes ....

I deliberately created this topic, as one distinct from the others in which we were discussing WI players performances in the Big Bash League or any other form of cricket. In so doing, my intention was to focus solely on Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again.

It was not intended to to be a place of comparative analysis or the like because imho Chris Gayle's failings with the bat are so glaringly obvious that an assessment of his worthiness right now does not need not be 'massaged' by his contributions with the ball or the relative performances of others or dare i say, masked by our own tantalising of each other.

mikesiva

Unread post

The main problem I have with Gayle is his immaturity...despite the fact that he's 33, he persists with childish behaviour, much like a certain poster on this site - they both have a lot in common.
:?
"Haddin dig at him self to get back a test game! ScarFaceLine... "The World is Mine" I'm the world champion/ World Boss! Also tell him stop watch my money and watch him self!! Not my fault he ain't good as I am even if I bat right hand!!!''

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sy ... 6545602737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gayle seems to have deleted his tweet, but if you can't grow up by the time you reach 30, then you will never grow up....

By the way, how old are you, Afro?
8-)
howzdat

Unread post

Sydney Thunder star Chris Gayle goes on Twitter tirade over Sydney Sixers' Brad Haddin
Gayle has scored just 70 runs in five matches at an average of 14 as the Thunder head towards the Big Bash wooden spoon.
Word is dat CG c0vets for himself, the wooden sp00n dat de Thunder staring in dey face so he can use it - instead of a bat - to try execute the Dilsc00p sh0t that his IPL 0pening pardner Dilshan is renowned for.
Duff said t0day Gayle was upset he hadn't been hitting f0rm in a winless Thunder side.

"It's always the issue if y0u're n0t sc0ring runs - pe0ple think he's n0t trying,'' Duff told AAP.

'But I can assure y0u he's giving his abs0lute best t0 the team.

"He's just having a bad run at the m0ment. He's a human being and he's definitely hurting and I kn0w h0w determined he is to sc0re runs for us and help the team t0 win a game.''
Last edited by howzdat on Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
howzdat

Unread post

BallOil wrote:Gayle going thru a lean patch...and could find form anytime now...:)
:D :D :D As I recall it was cos Jack Sprat could eat no fat at all, that his wifey end up with a diet bereft of lean. So yuh saying that Chris Gayle going through Jack Sprat's leftovers? Scavenging for a score???

Btw talking of preferred animal parts at mealtime, in the course of researching for that bit of nonsense I got reminded that the competition is being sponsored by the late Mr. Harland Sanders ubiquitous Kentucky Fried Chicken business. Is how much corn Henry getting paid under false pretext i.e. impersonating
“the most outstanding T20 batsmen in the world“?
:roll: :roll: Ah well, never mind
BallOil wrote:Gayle going thru a lean patch...and could find form anytime now...:)
Needles and Haystacks come to mind!. For his sake I hope he finds it very soon. Meanwile, Chris living it large, scoring nothing.
Last edited by howzdat on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
mikesiva

Unread post

AFRO wrote:
mikesiva wrote:Gayle in tests in 2012....

Four tests - average 53.

There is still a big difference between gayle and the members of WETT. For starters gayle is the only one of the four to score a test century last year. Replacing him with kraigg would be a backward step and not even otis is that stupid.
:lol:
Imho gayle is in the test side until the summer at least. Lets see if anyone can challenge for his place then. Gayle averages more than 40 in tests and you dont just discard a player like that. That is why it was such a mistake to drop sarwan....
BWAHAHAHAHAH what a fecking JOKE!!.. you think we're stupid enough to believe that Gayle averaged 53 in tests this year? :shock: the man FAILED IN THREE OUT OF FOUR TESTS YOU IDIOT, so don't try and fool us with your biased tendencies, i can't believe one ton and six failures bumps up your average that high,

Gayle's return has in the most part been a disaster, he's not delivered at all, at least with Kraigg you'll get a kid who can stick around, Gayle's been hitting two boundries then out quick recently, and it's just not good enough old boy!! 8-) .
Unlike you, I don't pick and choose Tests to assess players...I'm assessing all Tests played by the openers in question in 2012, so I'm not the biased one - you are.

I repeat...here is how our openers have performed in 2012:

1) Kraigg Brathwaite (three Tests, average 14.20)
2) Adrian Barath (six Tests, average 16.27)
3) Kirk Edwards (three Tests, average 11.66)
4) Chris Gayle (four Tests, average 53.00)

So, last year, it's clear to me that Gayle outperformed not just Kraigg, but also Kirk and Barath, in Tests in 2012. For that reason, Gayle should open the batting in the Tests against Zimbabwe. If he fails in those Tests, and fails for Jamaica in the subsequent domestic four-day season, and Kraigg has a good season, then maybe Kraigg can be putting pressure on Gayle for his place "if" there are any Tests against Pakistan in the summer....

But only if the above happen....Gayle still has his Test place for now.

Not that it matters, because we don't seem to be playing many Tests in 2013....
:?
howzdat

Unread post

Lifted from elsewhere on thw www,
"Hello all and welcome to the coverage of Big Bash League. News from the middle is, Sydney Thunder have won the toss and are batting
Well I aint shame fuh seh dat i been 'praying' ! Yes siree i is very nervous on CG's behalf on account of this game - and that surprised me a little :P cos lawd knows if was down to me I would done fix things so that the lean patch could slip behind some different corner.

I been praying, calling on God's mercy like at around 2:53 in this song. Game On!
howzdat

Unread post

Oh Dear God, Is wha? Gayle out already?! And the second over aint done yet?!
Last Bat CH Gayle c Voges b Behrendorff 2 (9b 0x4 0x6) SR: 22.22

Fall of wicket: 4/1 (1.4 ov); Partnership: 4 runs, 1.4 overs, RR: 2.40
:D :D :D :D :D :D Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again. :D :D :D :D :D :D
BallOil

Unread post

form is temporary ...Class is permanent :)
howzdat

Unread post

BallOil wrote:form is temporary ...Class is permanent :)
I heard that too; so you mean I can stop praying cos Chris aint need no divine intervention but just to stretch his legs further apart in hope to cross over that 'lean patch' somebody referred to?

Is wha standard class or form you reckon CG in right now? Lower middling class, trying hard to keep the dying embers alive on a career that promised so much but is ultimately falling well short of the classical requirement? Or just middling class? Or a whole heap short of upper class?

Yeah, I agree that CG could well have years of sterling performances left in him yet, and could
find form anytime soon
but do you reckon he is incurring any lasting mental scarring during this "bad patch"?

Talking of patches, just like the cabbage patch dolls of yesteryear, CG "lack of form" right now is mekking him look like a dummy to anyone who has a ball in their hand!

Will be interesting as time goes by to observe whether CG has anything like KP's reserves of mental toughness and unswerving belief in his own ability to rise like an indomitable champion from this cabbage patch he deh in. To borrow another phrase, maybe all he need is a few games beating up on dung heap bowling and all will be right as rain. We will see, though I can't say that such eventuality will prove much to me anyway.

Meanwhile, Chris Gayle, lived it UP large downunder, but scored very few ... again.
Last edited by howzdat on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.