How The State Divides and Rules

Political updates and debates...
mapoui

Unread post

These were former slaves barely a generation removed from shackles. The Colored Farmers’ Alliance started to work extensively with the Southern Alliance, made up of Whites, and the two organizations confederated in 1890. Furthermore, the two organizations cooperated on many initiatives to protect farmers from economic exploitation by larger Southern Institutions. Moreover, the two organizations fused their activity into the Populist Movement and Populist Party that rose in the South during that time. This interracial cooperation, within such a short period after Slavery, mobilized Black and White farm workers into a powerful force threatening the Southern establishment and the political order benefiting the elites.
One of the responses to this rising progressive interracial cooperation by the Southern establishment was supporting Booker T. Washington and financing his Tuskegee machine. Washington would provide an ideological thesis to extinguish the populist activities among Blacks, and neutralize the combined forces of the Colored Farmers’ Alliance and the Southern Alliance by arguing for political disenfranchisement and acquiescence to the forces of the larger Southern agricultural interests. These efforts worked to the detriment of members of both alliances, Black and White.
http://www.blackagendareport.com/conten ... leadership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mapoui

Unread post

allyuh must pay special attention to the full potential of Indos and Afros on the west indies team now, and the unifying, progressive to revolutionary tradition of the west indies cricket team.

the wicb/west indian elite will not want the Indos to be swept up in that tradition, buttresing it, adding to its nationalist unifying power, but would want the Indo separtist urges, as it manifets itself in the indos on the team, to dominate, creating a kind of balance that keeps the team in place, failed yet perhaps not at the bottom but not moving upwards...but yet moving in conservative directions that do not threaten the status quo.

pay attention allyuh :D
mapoui

Unread post

the state always divides. ALWAYS!

I posted that article and quote above to set up the debate. that is what has been going on in the USA since the 1670's with Bacons Rebellion.

THE ABSOLUTE GROUND LEVEL RULE FOR THE ELITES WAS NEVER TO ALLOW ORDINARY WHITE FOLK AND NIG NOGS..BOTH ON THE BOTTOM LEVELS OF SOCIETY AND CONSTITUTING THE MAJORITY DEMOGRAPHIC... TO UNITE.

american society has been literally organised on that principle for every time those two groups saw their way clear, found any room, they united against the state, battled and won advances the state did not want to give. they actually succeeded in the 1670's and set up a state which the British destroyed with massive cannon fire.

modern racist is founded on this reality, history and dread need of the state to keep control. a way had to be found to divide the oppressed and that way is modern racism..the result of centuries of struggle between the enslaved and oppressed..black and white.. and their oppressiors
mapoui

Unread post

now it is possible to get a clear picture of the black elitist traitor Booker Washington who argued for black people to lose the vote, supported Jim Crow.

all the crap abut Booker T is washed away by approach though political economy or the materialist method, he was elite and represented the elites so class was fundamental not race in that issue although it could be seen or discussed but in racial terms. but race was not decisive at all

it is the very same thing with elitist Obama who looks out for the interest of rich americans... not the people who voted the traitorous skunt into power. that is why everything Obama says is a lie..why all his polices turn out to be disastrous for ordinary people, are exposed to be lies from start to finish.

just watch allyuh at how his Health Plans turns out to cream ordinary americans after all the lies about bringing health to all americans
mikesiva

Unread post

I didn't know that about Booker Washington....

It reminds me about the Maroons in Jamaica, and the free "coloureds" in Jamaica too....

The Maroons put up a fierce resistance to the British enslavers, through guerrilla warfare from the inpenetrable mountains of the interior. The mighty British empire couldn't conquer the Maroons, so they signed a peace treaty with them in the 1730s. The contents of that treaty were disgraceful, though. Even though the Maroons were made up largely of escaped slaves, from now on they were expected to help the British capture escaped slaves, for which they were financially rewarded. That created an animosity between black Jamaicans and slaves which still exist in a way until today. That is why Cudjoe, the great Maroon warrior, will never be inducted as a national hero.

Under Edward Jordan, the so-called free mulattoes were able to form themselves into a significant voting block in the parishes of Kingston, St Andrew and St Catherine, because they had accumulated a certain amount of wealth, and voting was only given to the propertied classes at that time. Then, the Assembly passed legislation making the qualifications to vote more rigorous, thus preventing more free blacks and "coloureds" from getting the vote. This was a result of the power and influence Jordan and his group had secured. Disgracefully, Jordan and his group supported this measure, and in effect weakened their own lobby in the long run, all because they too feared the free blacks with Emancipation coming...he eventually became the first non-white mayor of Kingston from 1854-66.

The Assembly eventually became irrelevant, and was abolished after the Morant Bay Rebellion in 1865. Of course, these links only say the good things about Jordan and his close friend and colleague, Robert Osborn, and ignore the bad....

http://jamaica-guide.info/past.and.pres ... ncipation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://jamaicanfamilysearch.com/images/photos53.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://inpraiseofjamaica.com/jamaican-f ... nabolition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://jamaica-guide.info/past.and.pres ... r.farming/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read up on this, Afro, you really should know your Caribbean history....
8-)
mikesiva

Unread post

This is a more balanced summary of Jordan's activities....

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2005 ... ocus2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And an interesting snippet on his colleague Richard Hill....

http://www.jstor.org/stable/2713500?seq=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mapoui

Unread post

excellent mikeseva. a lill education fuh AFRO but he wont take it. he knows that that here-in those links is the truth even if he doh know it in detail.

but learning it, incorporating it, using it positively is opposed to his social position clearly as his handle-attitude in these pages indicates. Calling himself AFRO seems unconscious double-intent and sarcasm :o :o :o

but you see my argument with the inclusion of Indos now and the struggle for the traditions of the west indies team, born in white reaction but morphed into a vehicle for liberation and change.

they are going to use the Indos to smash the unifying progressive potential of the west indies team.

you can actually see the make-up of that division on these cricket boards as represented by my outlook for example and that of the rev. over on Krishna's board it is even clearer. rev is Indo period and very conservative. me..I am in the flow of the team being a revolutionary vehicle, looking for Indo's to become part of that in tandem with Afros. properly led my captain and managerthis inclusive democractically run the team occupies and expresses, what the west is is and must become... an inclusive democracy
mapoui

Unread post

the incompassing term mike is CLASS WAR

THAT IS THE PETARD UPON WHICH SOCIETY IS HOISTED. WE RESOLVED CLASS WAR IN THE POSITIVE OR DEVOLVED INTO SLAVERY AND EXTINCTION
Gils

Unread post

Nice links mike thanks.

I know what I know about History in the Caribbean but thought it wouldn't do any harm to have a read. This is still a very messy issue.

The reason for the absence of national honours for Cudjoe was not something I paid much mind to but you're observation makes perfect sense.

I was aware of the treaties the Maroons signed with the British & the recapturing of runaway slaves but when coupled with the fact they were "freed" by the retreating Spanish in order to thwart the British advance, to which I was also knowledgeable, then it's reasonable not to view their exploits with such tremendous romanticism.
They did what they thought necessary to protect themselves at the expense of other captured slaves and, even up until today, are seen as a separate part of the community.

The Mulatto's attempts to preserve their position of "privilege" in Jamaican society with disregard for the plight of the "Negro" is also not very palatable & was not something I was aware of.
As with the Maroons, this also go's someway to explaining how they are seen in modern day Jamaica & are both prime examples of state division.

They search for freedom takes another twist when it's considered the Anti slavery society, Baptist's & Quakers play a major role in proceedings & are effectively the loudest voice of the captives.

From the Emancipation act

During the period of apprenticeship, the slaves would work for their masters for three-fourths of each week, which amounted to 40.5 hours of work.

During the remaining 13.5 hours of the week, they were free to work for wages or work on the provision grounds.

At this point the captives go from being private to public property & become "Wage slaves" or "Citizens" while the model for the 40 hour working week, which still exists today, is established.
They are now subjected to taxes while the "extra" 13.5 hours a week is then used working the land - so not much change there then, only for the worse.

As the slave owners were recompensed for their loss of manpower, I ask what was the purpose of an apprenticeship ?

In the end it's all still very messy & no body comes out of this looking good, not the oppressor or the oppressed. I only hope these mistakes don't get repeated.
mikesiva

Unread post

More divide and rule....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bi ... m-23019142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"A suspicious package found near a West Midlands mosque was a small home-made explosive device, police have said. About 150 people were evacuated from homes around the mosque in Rutter Street, Walsall, after bomb disposal experts were called to the scene. The item was found on Friday evening but police were not called until it was taken inside by a member of the public on Saturday. Police said they were treating the incident as a hate crime."

Two thugs stab a soldier to death, and it's branded "terrorism". However, a bomb is planted, resulting in the evacuation of about 150 people, and it's branded a "hate crime". My conclusion is that it's only "terrorism" when the crime is committed by Muslims against non-Muslims.

It seems this "terrorism" red flag is being used cynically to flag up the anti-Muslim vote....