WICB Annual General Meeting today

West Indies cricket discussions
AFRO

Unread post

mikesiva wrote: Gils, please explain that phrase to non-Caribbean folks like Afro....
:D
Don't make me put your history out there again Mr England!!..you know better than that!! :lol: :lol: :lol: .
mikesiva

Unread post

howzdat wrote:Now, now mikesiva, Yuh mean you aint spot the cricketing namesakes amongst that lot?! Shame on you! :D :D Greenidge; Courtney + Daley (dats a 2-for-1 offer); Alfred; Harris; and with the Windward Islands we get a double double 2-for-1 offer: Julian + Charles plus Julian + Jack :twisted: :twisted:

An altogether Jammy-dough-Dot-black dawg for monkey of a deal.
:lol:
They must've traded a lot on their names....

More here:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/ ... 27038.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikesiva

Unread post

DMan wrote:I could only imagine Mike must be over the moon for a fellow Jamaican to be the President of the WICB. Congrats! :) But the job not done yet! Scams and Gibbo still lingers.
:lol:
Well, we've replaced two of the Windwards cabal with two Jamaicans....Hunte and Hilaire for Cameron and Muirhead.

Maybe it's time to push out Sammy and Gibson, and replace them with Samuels and Adams, and have a Jamaican mafia in charge!
:mrgreen:
Seriously though, I don't see much changing...more of the same corruption.
Gils

Unread post

So, still no word from the good (Dr ;)) Hunte on his future plans ? while we've already accessed a few missteps from the new administration during their brief tenure. :)(Alright I'm done)

Most posters seem to be in agreement that we've exchanged a black dog for a monkey & the election was just rearranging deck chairs on the titanic. I'm still giving them the benefit of doubt.....for now.

Knowing who voted for whom may be instructive going fahwud although the margin of victory did suggest the constituents couldn't decisively separate the candidates, which may itself be a source of future unrest.

My take is that new Sponsors, appointments plus a resolution of the MOU issues should all be showing signs of progress, if not completion by the time the Champions Trophy is completed.
That's the end of June at the latest for this administration to show itself as distinctly different from the last. That might be harsh but that's the world we live in.

Weather Cameron wishes to continue using the office in Hunte's yard is his choice but it's clear that on the first sign of business as usual any residual feel good factor from this election will vanish as quick as the Clappo when Sehwag's passing out licks ;)
howzdat

Unread post

Gils, see it here: http://www.windiesfans.com/forums/viewt ... 999#p68999" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gils

Unread post

mikesiva » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:56 pm

Good to see the back of Hunte, but is it really worth a celebration? Or are we just swapping black dawg for monkey?
Well, here we are again, six years later with the same concerns #dejavue Maybe the statement above could be used as a template, then posters can simply insert the name of the new President as and when the deckchairs are re arranged.