Religion or Spirituality

General discussions
Gils

Unread post

A wise man once suggested to me that a need to practice contains an implicit need for improvement, whatever the subject.

These Judaic ten commandments from Exodus 20:2-17, and are dated to 2600-2950 BC, IIRC

“I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

“You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.

“You shall not murder.
“You shall not commit adultery.
“You shall not steal.
“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

Quite simple, straight forward and to the point, a list of commandments/sins you must not commit, usually explained in detail by a pastor, preacher etc

Then we have the Khemetic (Egyptian) 42 declarations of freedom from sin or 42 laws of Ma at.

I have not committed sin.
I have not committed robbery with violence.
I have not stolen.
I have not slain men or women.
I have not stolen food.
I have not swindled offerings.
I have not stolen from God/Goddess.
I have not told lies.
I have not carried away food.
I have not cursed.
I have not closed my ears to truth.
I have not committed adultery.
I have not made anyone cry.
I have not felt sorrow without reason.
I have not assaulted anyone.
I am not deceitful.
I have not stolen anyone’s land.
I have not been an eavesdropper.
I have not falsely accused anyone.
I have not been angry without reason.
I have not seduced anyone’s wife.
I have not polluted myself.
I have not terrorized anyone.
I have not disobeyed the Law.
I have not been exclusively angry.
I have not cursed God/Goddess.
I have not behaved with violence.
I have not caused disruption of peace.
I have not acted hastily or without thought.
I have not overstepped my boundaries of concern.
I have not exaggerated my words when speaking.
I have not worked evil.
I have not used evil thoughts, words or deeds.
I have not polluted the water.
I have not spoken angrily or arrogantly.
I have not cursed anyone in thought, word or deeds.
I have not placed myself on a pedestal.
I have not stolen what belongs to God/Goddess.
I have not stolen from or disrespected the deceased.
I have not taken food from a child.
I have not acted with insolence.
I have not destroyed property belonging to God/Goddess.

A list of sins you didn't commit, by which every single individual may chart their own religious / spiritual progress, daily

At least eight of these Judaic commandments can be found in the 42 declarations of freedom from sin, written at least 2000 years earlier, which would make some sense as Moses is said to have both received these ten commandments directly from God, and also been a member of Pharaohs court, in Kemet.

(Although no evidence exists outside of the BIble which has ever confirmed or denied such a character, while detailed lists of Kemet's very many Pharaonic dynasties, on the other hand, are plentiful.)

When another ten commandments in Deuteronomy 5:6-21 is followed further by even more in Augustine and Origen then the question of why so many varied practitioners inevitably arises.

It is without a doubt that both lists were created in Kemet, :?: so what do you think could have caused the modern day difference's between religion and spirituality that now exist.

My view is that as the Greek cultural/mathematical tourists like Pythagoras et al all studied in Kemet, it was they who initially attuned and adapted the sophisticated Khemetic trends to fit Greek society back home, much in the same way a modern day trend, such as twitter, will catch on regionally before attaining a global presence, to varying degrees.

" http://www.blackhistoryheroes.com/2013/ ... w-and.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Gils

Unread post

Other contrasts can be found directly in the Bible, for instance Mary the mother of the Christ, is mentioned on only three occasions while Pharaoh, ruler of Kemet, is referenced over 750 times.

That gives us a hardly insignificant ratio of 250 : 1.

Now I know some people may tell you Pharaoh had to get so much attention because Pharaoh was so evil and wicked :D others may just say it's not true, or was an oversight, but to inquiring minds all these solutions just raise even more questions about the books origins.

Looking at the *etymology of the word Christ we find it's Greek predecessor kristos, which means " anointed " . Going back even further in time we see Kristos derives from Krishna in Sanskrit, the oldest of all Indo - European language's.

The name for mummification in khem was called Krst.

At this point it should be noted mummification was practiced by Christians for 700 years after the death of Christ and is also observed in many other main stream doctrines.
The messianic mystery which has caused unparalleled mental trouble to the world did not originate with, nor was the solution to be found in, the biblical collection of the Hebrew writings. The Egyptian mesu, to anoint, and as a name for the anointed, is earlier than the Jewish messiah.

Nor would there have been any typical Christ the anointed but for the making of the karast -mummy.
" Ancient Egypt Light Of the World " Gerald Massey http://www.masseiana.org/aebk12.htm#75" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" and " African Origin of Electromagnetism " Nur Ankh Amen

*Etymology is the history of words and it is said to know the history of a word is to know the history of the people who use them.
Last edited by Gils on Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gils

Unread post

Amen is another interesting word.

Not only does it feature in the name of many Kemitic Pharaohs such as Tut Ankh Amen but is also used at the end of prayer in Judaism, Christianity and Islam to signify affirmation.

The common understanding of which is " so be it ".

Some other variants, Amon, Amun, Atum, Atem, Adam, Aum and Om
Last edited by Gils on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Googley

Unread post

Which came first? Aum (Om) or Amen?
Gils

Unread post

I'm almost certain Sanskrit was directly influenced by the Kushite's of the Indus valley region, the Dravidians. There's a lot of independent sources out there who share that view.
Thomason and Kaufman state that there is strong evidence that Dravidian influenced Indo-Aryan through "shift", that is, native Dravidian speakers learning and adopting Indo-Aryan languages.[9]

Erdosy states that the most plausible explanation for the presence of Dravidian structural features in Old Indo-Aryan is that the majority of early Old Indo-Aryan speakers had a Dravidian mother tongue which they gradually abandoned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dravidian_peoples" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
To mean they served the same purpose over different time periods, locations and cultural adaptations.

One great year on earth is 25,920 years and the planets movement through the skies does not form a perfect circle, which is called precession.

All sacred Khemetic temples are aligned to the heavens, using precession the Ausarian temple can have been built no later than 50,000 years BC.

Note that the Au in Ausarian also contains the sacred mantra :!: . As doe's the Greek Ohm, currently being fashioned as a unit of electrical resistance.

The scenes on the temple wall depict an early creation story in Kam, where by man is raised up in the afterlife.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Googley

Unread post

interesting stuff....
Gils

Unread post

Googley wrote:Which came first? Aum (Om) or Amen?
The Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita or Vedas are all said to date back to the 6 th century BC but no further than 1000 BC at best but, long or short answer, it still looks like a trick question to me 8-)

" There was an important development in the 6th century BC that happened in Kemet when Persian King Cambyses II (529-522 BC) defeated Psamtik III and advanced as far south as Nubia.

This conquest caused extensive population displacement. At this time the Priests and Priestesses were forced out of the temples when the Persian army torched them, many were also enslaved and taken to Persia and other parts of Asia minor to build monuments and and Temples.

It is during this period that the most powerful and influential philosophies of ancient Euasia(Europe), Asia Minor(Middle East) and East Asia(India and China) came into being.

Buddhism, Taosim, Confucianism, Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Pythagoreanism all date back to the same 6th century BC time period. "

:?: You see how Pythagoras crop up again..

Muata Ashby " The Priests and Priestesses of Ancient Egypt "
Gils

Unread post

Googley wrote:
interesting stuff....

All willingly disputed or/and added to. The past has a tangible effect on the present, weather we know it, accept it or care.

Plus there's lots of interesting, relevant and useful facts out there we can use to understand mans current situation better, once we've accepted there is more to learn.

In all my days that's what I find most people have difficulty with, probably because they don't know how to derive a practical benefit from what some might call, an accumulation of useless in information.

History, personal development, significant events, people and places, language, are things we all deal with daily, and excite my interest.

So, tell me nuh, :?: is it a chicken and egg question or not..
Gils

Unread post

Greek Philosopher Democritus

(c. 460 – c. 370 BC) was an influential Ancient Greek pre-Socratic philosopher primarily remembered today for his formulation of an atomic theory of the universe.

It was said that Democritus' father was so wealthy that he received Xerxes on his march through Abdera. Democritus spent the inheritance which his father left him on travels into distant countries, to satisfy his thirst for knowledge. He traveled to Asia, and was even said to have reached India and Ethiopia.

Largely ignored in ancient Athens, Democritus was nevertheless well known to his fellow northern-born philosopher Aristotle. Plato is said to have disliked him so much that he wished all his books burned. Many consider Democritus to be the "father of modern science"

It is known that he wrote on Babylon and Meroe; he visited Egypt, and Diodorus Siculus states that he lived there for five years.

He himself declared that among his contemporaries none had made greater journeys, seen more countries, and met more scholars than himself.

He particularly mentions the Egyptian mathematicians, whose knowledge he praises. Theophrastus, too, spoke of him as a man who had seen many countries.

During his travels, according to Diogenes Laërtius, he became acquainted with the Chaldean magi. "Ostanes", one of the magi accompanying Xerxes, was also said to have taught him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democritus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Xerxes in his latest rendition " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" I suppose anything goes in the Hollywood movies.
Gils

Unread post

Thales of Miletus (c. 624 – c. 546 BC) was a pre-Socratic Greek philosopher from Miletus in Asia Minor, and one of the Seven Sages of Greece.

Many, most notably Aristotle, regard him as the first philosopher in the Greek tradition.
Aristotle reported Thales' hypothesis about the nature of matter – that the originating principle of nature was a single material substance: water.

Thales received instruction from an Egyptian priest. It was fairly certain that he came from a wealthy, established family, in a class which customarily provided higher education for their children.

Later scholastic thinkers would maintain that in his choice of water Thales was influenced by Babylonian or Chaldean religion, that held that a god had begun creation by acting upon the pre-existing water. (As it was in Kemit).

“Thales", says Cicero, "assures that water is the principle of all things; and that God is that Mind which shaped and created all things from water."

"Pamphila says that, having learnt geometry from the Egyptians, he [Thales] was the first to inscribe in a circle a right-angled triangle.

Thales had a profound influence on other Greek thinkers and therefore on Western history.

Some believe Anaximander was a pupil of Thales. Early sources report that one of Anaximander's more famous pupils, Pythagoras, visited Thales as a young man, and that Thales advised him to travel to Egypt to further his philosophical and mathematical studies.

Many philosophers followed Thales' lead in searching for explanations in nature rather than in the supernatural; others returned to supernatural explanations, but couched them in the language of philosophy rather than of myth or of religion.

Looking specifically at Thales' influence during the pre-Socratic era, it is clear that he stood out as one of the first thinkers who thought more in the way of logos than mythos.

The difference between these two more profound ways of seeing the world is that mythos is concentrated around the stories of holy origin, while logos is concentrated around the argumentation. When the mythical man wants to explain the world the way he sees it, he explains it based on gods and powers. Mythical thought does not differentiate between things and persons[citation needed] and furthermore it does not differentiate between nature and culture[citation needed].

The way a logos thinker would present a world view is radically different from the way of the mythical thinker. In its concrete form, logos is a way of thinking not only about individualism[clarification needed], but also the abstract[clarification needed]. Furthermore, it focuses on sensible and continuous argumentation. This lays the foundation of philosophy and its way of explaining the world in terms of abstract argumentation, and not in the way of gods and mythical stories[citation needed].