**** Narine Bowling action reported ****

West Indies cricket discussions
Googley

Unread post

bossman19TT wrote:So Hafeez was found to have an illegal action today...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/co ... 07285.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In de past year we have SL, WI, Zim & Pak bowlers all gettin called recently, all from 'second' tier nations in international cricket... and not one from any of de big nations Ind/Eng/Aus/SA?

Dis chuckin 'campaign' really is a joke :roll:
hmmmm,

Is it true they now have new testing guidelines? If so, they should test all the bowlers, period!
bossman19TT

Unread post

Googley wrote:Is it true they now have new testing guidelines? If so, they should test all the bowlers, period!
De only proper way to do it...

As of right now, de whole system is completely subjective (to umpire point of view) an unregulated, it is beyond a joke. It is impossible to discern chuckin (or lack thereof) without proper biometrics, so relyin on umpires' eyesight as a system to initially flag chuckin is backwards!!

Right now chuckin is in a way acceptable an can continue to happen jus as long as it is not caught...whereas chuckin should be caught BEFORE it can happen out in de middle.

Either implement mandatory testin for ALL international bowlers, or fuhget it completely! Dis half-ass system has, an will continue be used as a to de benefit of certain countries, an to de detriment of others, no doubt :evil:
Mail

Unread post

How frequently would you do retesting?
Googley

Unread post

Mail wrote:How frequently would you do retesting?

this is not a drug test or I would say randomly! :D

however, I would retest if reported by either side and/or umpire and video evidence supports that something looks fishy.

most importantly, they need to get rid of the 15 degree crap!
mikesiva

Unread post

'West Indies offspinner Sunil Narine will have to get his bowling action cleared at the ICC-accredited centre in Chennai in order for him to play for Kolkata Knight Riders in the upcoming IPL. BCCI president Jagmohan Dalmiya informed the same to Knight Riders chief executive Venky Mysore on Thursday after Mysore dashed to Kolkata for a meeting. The franchise had lodged an official protest with Dalmiya last week after Narine was asked by the BCCI to travel to Chennai despite submitting a clearance report issued by the testing centre at University of Loughborough, another ICC accredited centre, in early March. Narine was called twice in successive matches during last year's Champions League Twenty20 in September, and had to get a clearance from one of the ICC accredited centres according to tournament rules. He subsequently went to Loughborough in early March to undergo various tests, and got a positive nod from the experts. But once the report from the Loughborough centre was submitted for review and clearance from the sub-committee dealing with corrective actions, the BCCI wrote back to Knight Riders saying Narine would have to undergo another round of tests at the Sri Ramachandra University centre, the first ICC accredited centre in the subcontinent, which opened last October. It meant the BCCI was effectively cancelling the Loughborough report. Knight Riders questioned why the BCCI would not accept the report from the Loughborough centre if the ICC accredited centres all over the world followed the same apparatus, procedures and tests, and asked why a second report was required. When they received no specific reason, the team's management sought the intervention of Dalmiya. However, Dalmiya said that the BCCI was only going by the rule book. "I cannot do anything out of fear or favour. I cannot change a set of rules already in place for one person. What I can do is assure justice is done. That is what I told them (KKR)," Dalmiya told ESPNCricinfo....When the umpires called Narine for the first time during the Champions League last year, three deliveries were reported suspect - all three were the quicker balls - in Knight Riders' final group match against Dolphins. But in the semi-finals, against Hobart Hurricanes, all 24 deliveries of Narine's spell were called suspect by the on-field umpires.'

http://www.espncricinfo.com/indian-prem ... 58097.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, Narine missing the start of the IPL?
:)
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

mikesiva

Unread post

MarcusGarveyLives wrote:24 April 2015: Sunil Narine reported for suspected illegal bowling action during IPL match (click for more)
Hmmm...could this be the beginning of the end of Narine?
AFRO

Unread post

GOOD!!!..plenty of prominment people behind the scenes begged him to forget about the indian circus and focus on his international career but NO!!..the GREEDY skunt firstly decided to dodge the PCL to make sure he would not be up for test selection and then contrived to threw away his world cup place in order to "get ready" for the IPL :roll: . Now look at him? he's a JOKE and this latest call will effect his value and may lead to his demise in the IPL!!!..

So what is he gonna do now? have ANOTHER test on his action where he was already cleared and play again? mentally the man is gonna be all over the place!!..and i suspect this will be his last season in the IPL hopefully.

When this is done the guy needs to go home and really think about what he wants...i used to be his biggest fan and he was a large part of the COTR construct but now he's on his own...too greedy and not showing commitment to the team that gave him his chance on the big stage...it's really sad because he could have been a legend if he buckled down and focused on his international career where he has never been called...now even with WI he might get targeted SMH.
bossman19TT

Unread post

AFRO wrote:When this is done the guy needs to go home and really think about what he wants...i used to be his biggest fan and he was a large part of the COTR construct but now he's on his own...too greedy and not showing commitment to the team that gave him his chance on the big stage...
Too greedy? WI cricket does not pay well, de man has a right to make some damn money to set heself up :roll:

An T&T gave him his chance on de big stage, not WI. Dat 6/9 performance back in de Nagico Super 50 showed good commitment I thought 8-)
Colin Benjamin

Unread post

Now that they are saying his off-break is the problem - At minimum the WICB should ask this BCCI committee to reveal the figures in detail of how bad his action is flexing over the limit for off-break, just like how this was shown for Ajmal AND video evidence.

You have wonder how the other ICC lab did not pick this up, but this BCCI so called "accredited lab did.

Side note good that their saying at least his knuckle/carron ball has no problem.