Kraigg Brathwaite

West Indies cricket discussions
Gils

Unread post

I posted KB's career average and nos vs Bangla, Aus, Pakistan, England, SA and India after 20 tests.

You say it " means very little at the moment. it will mean whatever it can in the long run..but at the moment it means little "

A next man come tell you Greenidge fc career means you cant compare him with KB, :?: so what do you do - blame my lack of nuance. chupes
mapoui2

Unread post

for general information of the board:

Kepler Wessells was a west indian bunny..especially a Garner bunny. in 1984 last test he scored finally 173 at Sydney, to shake the bunny tab

back in 1955 Clyde Walcott whom some considered the best batsman in the word at the time was the bunny of an englishman by the name of Frank Tyson. Tyson licked up Walcott for little against an E W Swanton team at the Oval, in 3 out of 4 available innings.. at which point Walcott turned the tables and cut Tyson to pieces

we know about the tribulations of Greenidge at the hands of the Oz

Lil Paint Braithwaite has scored runs against every team he has played against save the Oz. he scored in RSA against Saffie pace which is no cheap pace. he has cored against england, NZ which are not bad teams.

he has failed 4 consecutive times against the Oz. I suspect that he was up against much he was not prepared for against the Oz...and I don't not hold those failures against him. I will wait to see his development as time passes

at one point Paints average was high ...it is now lower.

there is no reason in the word..at all at all.. to foreclose on lil Braithwaite at this time..35 average or not. NONE at all!

I repeat: AT THIS STAGE OF HIS CAREER, BASED ON WHAT HE HAS ALREADY DONE, A 35 AVERAGE MEANS NOTHING. IT MAKES NO PREDICTIONS ABOUT WHAT PAINTS EVENTUAL CAREER STATS WILL LOOK LIKE. PAINT MAY GO DOWN HE MAY GO BACK UP. WHAT IS CLEAR IS THAT THE BOY CAN BAT AND THERE IS STILL UPSIDE TO HIM

that is what I argue..am arguing. my case is valid, simple and awaits the judgement of history... how Paint turns out by the end of his career

absolutely no one here knows how it will turn out for lil Braithwaite. we spec that is what we are doing, so we shud argue and leave it open ended..which is what we must do for until the end of his career we wont know.

so why is there warfare about what is an abstraction..an issue to which there is no answer until there is actually one?

pure naked insanity is what that is. and why have I stayed with it so long..which is why I am pissed..at myself.

I have to save up my time..put it to better use :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
:lol:
Last edited by mapoui2 on Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
AFRO

Unread post

For once i agree with mappy...how the hell can anyone really predict how Kraigg will turn out in the future when the yute is only 22 years old? honestly some people are really dumb and spiteful :roll: .

He's had some ups and downs in his career so far...but when you score four tons in four series in a row..including a double and also one away in south africa i think it's safe to say the boy has serious potential to be one of the best openers this region has ever seen. Fullstop.
mapoui2

Unread post

the fact is Paint is not Chandrika, or Brooks, or Theophille, or Johnson..or the better Fudadin. Paint has scored very well indeed everywhere, so we know there is something to him.
that fact must give us pause. we have to wait!
mapoui2

Unread post

For once i agree with mappy
you agree with me far more than is safe for you to admit!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
:lol:
Gils

Unread post

After 42 test Inns, KB has 1354 runs at 33.82 with four hundreds and five fifties, his consistency is 23.30 %.

At the same stage in his career Greenidge had 1814 runs at 46.51 with five hundreds and ten fifties which saw his consistency sit at 35.71 %.

For any team with aspirations of ascendancy past #5 a career ave* of 40 is the bare minimum required from all it's batsmen, unless their current form is higher.

I believe West Indies next fixture is Zimbabwe who, if I'm correct, carry no ranking points.

Zimbabwe, as the weakest test playing nation of all, are also the best opportunity KB will ever have to bring his ave back up to the bare minimum requirement of an international batsmen, which is a luxury Greenidge was never afforded.

To do so KB will have to score 244* in his next Inns, or 122* in his next two Inns.

*Career averages of both present and former players are deemed satisfactory for numerical analysis after 20 tests.
mapoui2

Unread post

Kraig Braithwaithe for the last time has scored against all teams save Oz for a weak west indies team

Gordon Greenidge played for a much stronger west indies team from start to finish. Gordon Greenidge ranks among the best batsmen ever. I don't think Paint is quite that classy

but my last word on this matter is to establish that at this age and given what he has done so far it makes no sense to foreclose on Paint at this time.

Paint was picked too early and could not cope...so there a few tests in there that must be considered throwaways. and the utter devastated space the west indies team has been since 1995 is another factor that must be considered when judging Paints participation in it.

I AM TOTALLY IN PAINTS CORNER..REGARDLESS

I don't give a dam about 33 average or crap like that. there is time enuff on his side to deal with that.

all the best to the young man
Gils

Unread post

I don't give a dam about 33 average or crap like that there is time enuff on his side to deal with that.
*Test rankings care about averages like you wouldn't believe,( or care to admit ), but I'm sure you'll be just as accommodating with the guaranteed sub #5 ranking that comes with 33,85 batsmen so hey, :?: it cant hurt anymore than it already doe's can it.

In unison with that same sentiment, in harmony with your convictions, & as you say, all the best.

*Statistically speaking, enuff time ran out after 20 tests but you dont care about crap like that in your far from abstract analysis. ( pesky numbers eh, :?: who needs em :lol: )
Gils

Unread post

#chupes
I don't give a dam about 33 average or crap like that. there is time enuff on his side to deal with that.
how the hell can anyone really predict how Kraigg will turn out in the future when the yute is only 22 years old? honestly some people are really dumb and spiteful....i think it's safe to say the boy has serious potential to be one of the best openers this region has ever seen. Fullstop.
I repeat, international cricket puts much store on numbers but none on potential.

These are two example's of an inability to evaluate problems effectively which permeates throughout WICB cricket and helps sustain its mediocrity.

I could have said " he cant bat " 7 years ago but all I did was post nos and still got fight down.

The Test team were 7th when this post was generated and KB, with his consistently dismal returns has been ever present during its fall to 9th......for which he has been rewarded with the Vice Captaincy.

You may take from this what you will.
mikesiva

Unread post

Amen, Gils!

Kraigg has not improved...opponents have looked at the videos, and have worked him out. And he has not adjusted his game to address those weaknesses.

And he's complacent, because several of his colleagues are worse than him!