Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again.

West Indies cricket discussions
howzdat

Unread post

Hi Gils, me 'spam posts' ??? What does it mean to spam a post?

I meant no disrespect to you or anyone. I saw the mention of 'king' added to which the mention of royal, laziness and trough-dwellers and as it also happened to be on the day that HRH Prince Philip announced his retirement from official duties, I thought i'd tie the whole lot together in my crazy light-hearted way.

Apologies if it fell wide of the mark and offended in anyway - I have deleted the post.

Given that I regard myself as a good natured but often misunderstood fellow - including being confounded by yours truly - I remain carefree regarding the perceived spam remaining on this topic for all of posterity just as that HRH Prince Philip fella will forever be part of English folklore.

Regards

howzdat
Last edited by howzdat on Sat May 20, 2017 5:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
howzdat

Unread post

Recognizing and Reporting Spam, Inappropriate, and Offensive Content. Spam refers to abusive, harmful, or disruptive content, profiles, and messages. It can also be promotional in nature, where someone advertises a product for monetary gain or posts irrelevant content for high visibility. Spam isn't tolerated on ... and we've listed the different ways you can report it.
Ah, given the above I see that my post can stand accused on numerous counts. Ah well, guess am bound to fall foul of someone's ire at least once a day. Once again, apologies.
howzdat

Unread post

Join Chris Gayle for dinner at London on 6th June - In support of underprivileged kids. For more visit: thechrisgaylefoundation.com

Making good choices, understanding consequences of action.
Setting achievable goals, working hard, looking after health and respecting others.
BOOK YOUR TABLE NOW
Googley

Unread post

AfCrow going? :lol:

oh wait, that will require a free ticket! :lol:
howzdat

Unread post

According to cricinfo: In: Chris Gayle, Out: Lendl Simmons
West Indies T20 squad
Carlos Brathwaite (capt), Samuel Badree, Ronsford Beaton, Chris Gayle, Evin Lewis, Jason Mohammed, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Rovman Powell, Marlon Samuels, Jerome Taylor, Chadwick Walton (wk), Kesrick Williams
What is the point in selecting Gayle? Oh I get it,
He is West Indies' highest scorer in the shortest format with 1519 runs at 35.32, including two centuries and a strike rate of 145.49. He has never played a T20I at Sabina Park.
& there is more...
We welcome Chris back to the T20 squad. He is the most prolific batsman in this format and will add value to our team at the top of the order," Courtney Browne, Cricket West Indies' chairman of selectors, said. "He will get the chance to play on his home ground and against a top-quality Indian team."
Chris Gayle, living it large, recalled to Windies T20 lineup. We will soon assess the payoff

Match details:
Sun Jul 9 (20 ovs) 10:30 local (15:30 GMT | 16:30 BST)
Only T20I - West Indies v India
Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica
Gils

Unread post

Thats fine Howzdat, your apology is accepted, and I'm sorry to have inconvenienced you.

Regarding CHG's unexpected reinstatement to BWI cricket, and the inclusion of 4 other yardies, we can legitimately conclude the crime bosses intention is to engage BWI fans on a superficial level. Or do I sense a more viseral contempt from the establishment for T20 :?:

His career is coming to and end, what are they trying to acheive, one last send off :?:

Before he go's, the number of 10% fees they've accumulated throughout his T20 career would have covered the cost of up to date equipment for the ground staff at Sabina Park, with monies to spare.

The JCA have been robbed of their rightful dues ! Chupes.
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

India tour of West Indies, Only T20I: West Indies v India at Kingston, 9 July 2017

CH Gayle c †Dhoni b Kuldeep Yadav 18 (20b 1x4 1x6) SR: 90.00

Match result: West Indies won by 9 wickets

He probably scored more heavily here !
howzdat

Unread post

India in West Indies T20I Match
West Indies v India
West Indies won by 9 wickets (with 9 balls remaining)
T20I no. 617 | 2017 season
Played at Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica
09 July 2017 (20-over match)
In consideration of the above result this "Chris Gayle, living it large, scoring nothing ... again." topic extends unreserved congratulations to the West Indies on their nine wicket victory, the manner of which could be termed a 'romp' bringing to mind that Stanford one-off match versus England.

Talking of $$$$$, I read some cricinfo personage opine that an IPL franchise ought to be getting in there quick and snapping up Mr. Lewis for the next edition! Which leaves me wondering is who is the mercenary pon who! Ah well, nice wuk if you can get it but is back to the match.

By the way allyuh notice the modern tendency to lavish ridiculous amounts of hype on barely noteworthy accomplishments on the cricket field. In my reckoning this is a product of the jacka$$ age that we living in nowadays and for days to come! The tendency to World Record this or that feat .... and the making into a 'statistic' any old mundane bit of action in a cricket match! And then there is the small matter of monikers like Universe Boss .... utterly meaningless!

However, to humour the masses I will end this post by highlighting that of the batters who faced 10 balls or more Chris Gayle's score of 18 was the lowest! Yes folks, Chrs Gayle came dead last in that contest! Added to which his strike rate of 90 was last but one to Dhoni's 66.66. Cue pantomime Boooooooooooooossssssssssss!

Chris Gayle, living it large, recalled to Windies T20 lineup, scored dead-last & last but one, however the tale of the pic reveals that his star scored brightly amidst a bevy of beauties.
Googley

Unread post

Get your groove back in Jamaica!

Lewis did!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
howzdat

Unread post

Talking of getting grooves back on. Don't worry Googs, Chris will soon be padding up for St. Christopher Island in the CPL and am sure the hope is that his groove will so on that his performances will drum-up plenty of dem tourist kitty's so they run come see the cricket.

PS: Doesn't time fly! I can remember all of those dance moves! :D :D