West Indies not in Champions Trophy...

Action from the rest of the world....
fangspoon

Unread post

..should have caused a major uproar in the WI community. It would in serious cricketing countries.
mikesiva

Unread post

That's because most Caribbean fans have written off the West Indies team....

I was in Jamaica recently, and the lack of interest in Windies cricket was stark! Only three men and a dog turned up for the Test match at Sabina. Compare that to the interest being generated for the upcoming JNN Track Racers athletics meet at the National Stadium on June 10:

"Inside a week of the much anticipated JN Racers Grand Prix, organisers are pleading with patrons to focus of purchasing bleachers tickets, as the much preferred grandstand area is almost sold out.Cynthia Cooke, general secretary of the Racers Track Club, said the physical tickets would go on sale on Monday, June 5."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sports/- ... ofile=1498" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fangspoon

Unread post

Yeah, Mike, I agree. I have lost hope too. As I watched India batting a few minutes ago against Pakistan in drizzly, stop and start, overcast conditions and still strong at about 170/1 I couldn't help thinking that if it were the West Indies they would have been 170 for 5 or 6 80% of the time. India, btw, went on to make 319-3 in 48ov. Wow! We just don't have the skill to compete at this level, I feel.

That JN Racers Grand Prix crowd pull is amazing. Imagine encouraging people to buy bleachers. :) . Interesting read. Thanks for posting.