Collis King: 'I was treated like a criminal'

West Indies cricket discussions
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

I was not sure whether this was one for the Cricket Gyaff or Politics News - perhaps it matters not, the story remains the same ...

'I was treated like a criminal': How Britain turned its back on West Indies great Collis King (click for more)
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

Colin Graves throws support behind 'colossus' Collis King's immigration battle (click for more)

Colin 'West Indies are mediocre' Graves: “I was staggered that his application was thrown out without any further investigation. Someone just looked at it and said, ‘On your bike’ and he was out. Nobody seemed to bother to look at it. It was cold and that is what upset me. They did not look at the individual, it was just another number on a file."
mikesiva

Unread post

"King’s problems started when he was here last year and applied for a spousal visa, giving him the right to remain in the country. It was rejected because he had applied while in the United Kingdom on a visitor’s visa. He was told that for a spousal visa he had to apply from his country of origin and was given 14 days to leave the UK. He had to return to Barbados to start the process again and, after three months of waiting, still has no date for a hearing. He has been told it could take months. The worry for King is that fellow Bajan, Hartley Alleyne, who played county cricket in the 1980s, spent three years waiting for his case to be resolved and some of the Windrush generation cases have been going on for years. A Home Office spokesman said it does not routinely comment on individual cases."

Despite Theresa May's "apology", the "hostile environment" continues....