If Dowrich can only bat, does he play the next test?

West Indies cricket discussions
Maldini3

Unread post

Do we just let Hope keep and have the same XI? If so does that change the batting order?
mikesiva

Unread post

How serious is Dowrich's injury? If he can't keep, I'd be inclined to rest him, and let him recover fully. Maybe we could give Hope the gloves for the second Test, if that's the case. But then, Hope couldn't bat at three...he would have to drop down the order. It's too much of a challenge keeping in an entire innings, and then coming in to bat one down.

If Dowrich is still injured, this would be my eleven....

1) Kraigg Brathwaite
2) John Campbell
3) Darren Bravo
4) Roston Chase
5) Shimron Hetmyer
6) Shai Hope
7) Jason Holder
8) Kemar Roach
9) Jomel Warrican
10) Alzarri Joseph
11) Shannon Gabriel

Will Gabriel be fit for Antigua?
Maldini3

Unread post

It's funny how when you have a truly good allrounder your team can take many different forms. Without Dowrich, a keeper or Gabriel, a pace bowler, we could still see the same replacement, Warrican, with Hope and Holder giving that coverage.

A sore back may make it difficult to crouch for keeping, but still able to bat. Right now it seems Gabriel is the greater concern though.
mikesiva

Unread post

Yes, it is a good situation to be in, isn't it?

In addition to Hope, we also have Hetmyer and Bravo, who can both keep wicket. The only question is, are they good enough to keep at Test level? So far, Hope seems to have done all right....

I agree that Gabriel is the more likely to be replaced, given his foot injury. Also, I think North Sound is more likely to take spin than Kensington Oval, so I would like to see Warrican there, alongside Chase.
Maldini3

Unread post

Warrican for Joseph?