WIPA need to clear the air......Cozier

West Indies cricket discussions
socafighter

Unread post

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl ... =161641130" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THE West Indies Players Association (WIPA) has taken objection to a report that appeared in my column last Sunday concerning a letter it wrote to the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) on Kieron Pollard’s selection for the home series against Zimbabwe in February.

The WIPA ’laments’ that I did not contact it ’to clarify the information despite the fact that WIPA’s doors and phone lines are open to all who wish to obtain information and despite WIPA’s requests in the past to Mr Cozier to be afforded an opportunity to present its position so that reports are balanced and fair’.

I no longer venture to contact the WIPA since I was harangued verbally and at length by its president and chief executive on the telephone during a Test match in Jamaica two years ago.
socafighter

Unread post

I have suspected Cozier to be biased on his comments and is"The Public Vent" that the WICB has long sought
by his comments above he has confirmed it ....

Shouldn't he have a disclaimer when writing articles about WIPA that he will no longer contact them for a viewpoint, at least readers of his column would be aware of his position.

Cozier would have been wise to articulate "the telephone harangued verbally" conversation he had with WIPA before he made such a decision.This would have given his readers an inside towards taking such a point of view.

It now leaves the following questions.....

Who made the call for this conversation?

Why was such a call made ?

What was the purpose of such a conversation and what precipitated it?

What was the end result?

Was WIPA aware he would no longer seek comments?

I was under the impression that the esteemed Cozier would give an impartial view on topics concerning West Indies Cricket?

I guess I was wrong......
BallOil

Unread post

the air is getting more murkier rather than clear :?