Seriously, what are your thoughts on the Windies Anthem?

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

mapoui wrote:"hymn or song expressing patriotic sentiment and either governmentally authorized as an official national hymn or holding that position in popular feeling"

so there is precedent then for the song 'rally' to be offically endorsed as westindian anthem because the people already use for that purpose?
so you are you patriotic to ? Trinidad or West Indies? :)
mapoui

Unread post

dont yu know mapoui...all these years i have been posting away? :roll:

I am westindian all the way. we must have a nation to be viable in all we need to do, to be!

but it is not in the ineterest of our former masters that we should have a nation.

we have been kept seperate by them through our traitorous elites who provide the westindian leadership
BallOil

Unread post

mapoui wrote:dont yu know mapoui...all these years i have been posting away? :roll:

I am westindian all the way. we must have a nation to be viable in all we need to do, to be!

but it is not in the ineterest of our former masters that we should have a nation.

we have been kept seperate by them through our traitorous elites who provide the westindian leadership
We all West Indians 2nd ...home country fuss no? There are no reasons to unite as Windians since we all have independence but movin backwards...
mapoui

Unread post

the westindian people were and are foolish...especially the Bajans and Yardies. them fellers have a nationailsit chauvinism that is past myopic, past blind, past stupid...

it is pure negative that what it is...that an idiot westindian white politician like Bustamante could exploit it, tap into it such get Jamaicans to cut their own throats and vote against federation...to opt out.

then the next idiot Eric Williams counted in this manner...1 from 11 leave s none...and pulled Titty right out, just ike jamaica, leaving the westindies as it is now constituted.

I believe in the beginning Eric Williams was the only westindian politican who really wanted independence for the region, for Trinidad and Tobago. those from the other territorities were dragged kicking and screaming by popular westindian sentiment to seek and accept independence.

and westindian independence by then was not something I believe the British were against, for they knew they could give up expensive direct administration of the westindian colonies and still control the region as they have done through the westindian elites.

and of course they wanted to be rid of the cost and responsibility for the region that had become onerous by then. the westindies were no longer a profit to them but a cost so they wanted to be free of...the wanted to get rid of us!
mapoui

Unread post

BallOil wrote:
mapoui wrote:dont yu know mapoui...all these years i have been posting away? :roll:

We all West Indians 2nd ...home country fuss no? There are no reasons to unite as Windians since we all have independence but movin backwards...

we had this argument on 446 and on Ends board! there is nothing wrong with westindian second at this time. wsoemwhere have to be first and if it is our home terrritory thats natural.

have yu really looked at the reality of being small nations in the world as it is?

all that may save us is if unioversal democracy breaks out, we are not only left alone but assisted by bigger democratic entities to help ourselves to prosperity.

but ah poster called country on 446 argued that guyana should forget the caribben and go towards south america so that guyana could sell its stuff nd be prosperous.

but a cursory look I took at what guyan grows for sale and really...the only way guyana can function in the world as a seller of primary agricultural products, is by the synpathy of some buyer or the other..maybe france...like france used to do... before it got fed up and chased guyana away!

one look at just cental america, venezuela, colombia....especially now that most of the nations in nearby america have got progressive government and the realisation is stunning..over 100 million people and new emphasis on production that has given stimulosu that already realises increase in rice production for example that dwarfs guyana, renders guyan production miniscule and irrelevant to them!

there is no market Guyana can meet and sustain there for anyting at all far less rice, with is anarchronistic production, and tiny base of people, and over backward infrastructure. it is the same for guyana relative to every developed market out there.

the only area and market in the whole world that guyan can gear up to meet, to satisfy and to work with for mutual benefit and prosperity is the westindian market...the english speaking westindies...its natural market. anyting else will led to Guyanas absorbtion by natins who start our as friend and then swallows guyan whole and uses its resources for its own purposes.

Guyans is as big as england wth a popluation less than 1% of englands' if by magic guyabn can suddenly have 25-30 million people and expanding then you have soemthing. guyana would still be in trouble, way underpopulated, though marginally better off it it absorbed the entire english speaiking westindian population.

no matter how you cut it the westindies goes nowhere as it is. al that protects the westindies now is the power of the american empire and its hegemony in the region. american wants the westindies as it is. when the american power wanes the westinaind people still must lok out for themselves and wil ve forced to lan one way or another for survival. that likely means absorbtion by the spanish states...Venezuela or Colombia..even Brasil.... federation with whichever of them that become domniant in the region..... which would be the same as being swallowed up.

so the only thing that would prevent us from ending up speaking spanish or portuguese is a state of our own, and a rate of population growth that fills out guyana as the main state in our federation, turning us into an economic power capable of independence, defending it, keeping it, financing such independence....

I dont kow what yu see but I see no future for the westindies as we are as seperate entities, we make a unified state of be eaten up by the stronger states around us. or even worse left to stuggle in poverty and backwardness by those very stronger states who have no responsibility to us or for us. they would absob us only if there would be compelling future reason to do so.

I hear all ah alyuh talking but the westindian future is far from rosy! all I see is hard times for our people, unless there is unity.

maybe Guyana will be filled up with imigration from India...although I dont know how that would fare in the region. there is likely to be much oppostion to any such development by the regional powers.