Suh them dropped Ramdin fuh Fletcher eh?

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

see the WI team 2010 T20 stats here

very logical... :)
mapoui

Unread post

well I dont think its that simple Balloil. Fletcher is known as a better batsman than Ramdin...who is known as the better keeper.

fletcher has demonstrated previously that he is a far better hitter than Ramdin...if and when he gets going!

so the selectors appear to have made a decision to persevere with fletcher at least in these matches, hoping to realise what appears to be his enormpous talent?

similiar decisons appear to have been made with several players in this current mix...notably Pollard, who is not a very good batsman at all...but has some allround attraction.

there is no need to expect that Fletchers' selection will prevail in any form of the game if he does not soon become consistent. there is no reason at all to expect that fletcher will be picked ahead of Ramdin for the tests!
BallOil

Unread post

did you look at the stats? :)

Here are their career stats...

Ramdin
Fletcher

Please note Ramdin is a keeper with a better average than the batsman... What is the selection policy eh boss? :)
mapoui

Unread post

I agree with yu.... but all the stats ar low stats..for both of them..unacceptable!

Ramdins stats as a batsman in T20 suggests westindies needs improvement. Fletchers previous 2 -3 good results suggests he can be that improvement.

he hasnt been so far and at this time it looks like he is a joke, an absent minded fellow who is absolutely hit and miss...hit-couple 3 fifties.. miss-95%

I see nothing wrong in the circumstances in an effort with Fletcher in T20. but he is done by now anyway so atrocious he has been.

we go back to Ramdin and the disatisfaction with his 20 av, looking for improvement, crying about the state of our keeper/bastmen
Last edited by mapoui on Mon May 24, 2010 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
BallOil

Unread post

Looks like Fletcher gone...I see him in the A team..let's hope he can work out his game there..
mapoui

Unread post

I think Walton is close to being picked! look out!
BallOil

Unread post

mapoui wrote:I think Walton is close to being picked! look out!
Based on what? :)
mapoui

Unread post

BallOil wrote:
mapoui wrote:I think Walton is close to being picked! look out!
Based on what? :)
the little it takes to gain westindian selection these days!

it wont take much to replace Ramdin. you said his average, which is better than Fletcher is 20. well Ramdin came in and scored 17.

so what then will it take to replace Ramdin if not 25-30-...failing grades but certainly better than 20.

the point is..it wont take much to replace Ramdin