Windiesfan.com and I go way back

West Indies cricket discussions
lbw375

Unread post

Was the name I gave my website when I launched it back in June 2004. I can still see fragments of it on the internet archives website Wayback Machine.

I remember the amount of work that went into conceptualization, artwork for logos and then learning how to properly used the Admin tools to update everything. I was working a full time job and had to schedule everything to attend online interviews, visit Sabina, etc just to get news to update the site. The biggest perk though was being able to be recognized as a Sport Journalist and getting my media pass and getting into Sabina Park for the West Indies matches.

It was one year before I got married and I remember my fiance commenting one night that I should probably have engaged the computer since I was spending so much time on it. :lol:

One day i logged on and it had been hacked, I really didnt have to the time to relaunch and nothing was backed up anyway, so I just moved on. It would have been 5 years last year.

Met some nice people on that site who have continued on as my friends and it was a wonderful experience.

I hope you all can attract enough posters here to make it viable, Lord knows that cc.com grates the nerves sometimes, and Pachino and Stevie's site drove me away with their rampant racist and insular slants. I will be around and will post until Redbaron shows up, then I will be out.

Thanks for the invite
mapoui

Unread post

Redbaron wont come here so you will be around for a while then. redbaron found a home on aficionado, along with terminator, jaydee and the 400 fella.

aficionado is the trinidad equivalent of stevies board! sectarian to a fault.

stevies board is no longer stevies board aparently, now controlled by 2 mean spirited morons called cacabelly and googley!

a broad site is desperately needed that doe not limit anything, encourages all discussion..and is very easy on the banning thing.

there are only few and prolly obvious circumstances in which I would ban anyone
lbw375

Unread post

I had a policy of defending open discussion and never found the need to ban anyone.

It is needed badly, mark you - outrageous behaviour like race baiting, etc. shouldnt be encouraged but when you appoint yourself as the moral police it opens the path for abuse.

Power corrupts ........
BallOil

Unread post

Welcome LBW375....Windiesfan, Windiesfans is all the same ting.. :)

I hope you still married and have your laptop too...best of both worlds :lol:

We still in the building phase as you know there are a lot of work but good work. If you would like to collaborate we will happy to have you. Maybe you can get back those journalist benefits without worrying about managing a site,etc :)