Gayle keen to remain in charge

West Indies cricket discussions
socafighter

Unread post

http://guardian.co.tt/sports/cricket/20 ... ain-charge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chris Gayle has reiterated his desire to continue as West Indies captain despite his side’s seven-wicket loss to South Africa inside four days in the third Test here Tuesday. The defeat, which spelled a 2-0 series defeat for Gayle’s men, was the latest in a long string failures for the regional squad but the Jamaican opener said he was not ready to quit. “Definitely I want to go on. Before the series I was brought into a meeting and had a discussion about my future and gave them my everything so we will see what happens,” Gayle said.
mapoui

Unread post

gaye wishes to remain in charge. it is doubtful that he will be allowed to remain in charge!
BallOil

Unread post

why would Gayle continue if he is not getting the support from the players? :?
matchstick

Unread post

the latest wicricnews.com poll results show that 71% of fans are fully confident in keeping Gayle as captain.

The #'s dont lie 8-)
BallOil

Unread post

matchstick wrote:the latest wicricnews.com poll results show that 71% of fans are fully confident in keeping Gayle as captain.

The #'s dont lie 8-)
How many votes eh? :) are the fans seeing eye to eye with Butts? :lol: :lol:
mapoui

Unread post

wel..if they are going to retain Gayle then something has to be done to help him improve his decision-making on the field. it simply cannot all be left up to him on the field.

Gayle is not good enough, does not come up with competent decisions as often as is necessary for the westindeis to do as best as we migh n games under Gayle.

those rsaffie referrals stick in my mind and wont move as examples of Gayles insuffiency. why in the dam hell did he not refer at least one of those decision?

my point is clear: a symbiotic relationship must be developed between who the hell ever is appoinetd captain and a A brain trust off the field...and the means to comunicate between both groups during games and between games.

Gayle cannot just walk out onto the field with a decision in hs one head to send the oppostion in on winning a toss. that decison cannot be his alone, but must be taken with the brain trust after their best considerations. they must work out a frame before each game, each series within which they can change reorganises, correct etc to produce the best effort on the field.

this must be the case for the westindies does not have any one individual at this time, in the catergory of Lloyd and Worrell, who can lead the team on their own resources.

this is an obviousness crying out to be recognised and acted on. the braintrust on he field could have immediately signalled gayle to refer those decisions had gayle not decided on his own, saving westindies a test match that would have resulted in a drawn series not a loss
matchstick

Unread post

BallOil wrote:
How many votes eh? :)
stuups!!

what does that matter... 71% is 71%... wcn readers are well informed so you know that they must be right :D :D 8-)
BallOil

Unread post

matchstick wrote:
BallOil wrote:
How many votes eh? :)
stuups!!

what does that matter... 71% is 71%... wcn readers are well informed so you know that they must be right :D :D 8-)
LOL... give me numbers not percentages :D Well informed with WICB propaganda eh? :lol: 8-)
mapoui

Unread post

matchstick wrote:the latest wicricnews.com poll results show that 71% of fans are fully confident in keeping Gayle as captain.

The #'s dont lie 8-)

thats nonsense! no one I know who follows westindies cricket suppots Gayle as captain. I also see not a single comment in Gayles favour anywhere.

we need some clarity on that poll! they have to post the wherewithall of it