SUPER SHIV: THE ROCK OF THE CARIBBEAN

West Indies cricket discussions
Rush

Unread post

Babulall wrote: This is why he should NOT chase that elusive 50 overall average.
Shiv will not change his approach to batting in tests----his scoring rate after 139 tests is 42.61; Dravid's scoring rate after 164 tests was 42.51---nearly the same scoring rates for Shiv and Dravid.

Check this out:
If instead of scoring at 42.61 runs per hundred ball faced---Shiv had scored 1 more run per hundred ball faced----that's a 43.61 scoring rate----he would have scored 10150 runs by now instead of 9918---and his average would have been 51.00 instead of 49.83
shiv's stats

Projecting Shiv's test stats

Assuming Shiv continues to produce as he has over the past 5 years---and this is very likely---this is what Shiv's stats will look like:
Tests: 177

Innings: 301

Not Outs: 54

Runs: 13100

Average: 53.03

Hundreds: 36

Fifties: 74
Go and compare those projected Shiv stats to the great Brian Lara. :D
Last edited by Rush on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rush

Unread post

BallOil wrote:Nice article...Rush.. Looks like the author visited Shivisgreat.com for that quote :)

That site will come in very useful when Shiv's autobiography is written. Lots of interesting tidbits there.

Rush
BallOil

Unread post

I've been lapsing lately on that site... Time to do a make over for the 10K milestone :)

An authorized biography in the works...have to follow up on the status ..:)
Rush

Unread post

BallOil wrote:I've been lapsing lately on that site... Time to do a make over for the 10K milestone :)

An authorized biography in the works...have to follow up on the status ..:)
I'll take a closer look at the info posted there after 10K----there are a few more obscure records that can be added.

RE: THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY

It should be done after Shiv retires from International cricket---that's a long way off---Shiv has at least 5 years of cricket left in him.

Rush
BallOil

Unread post

Rush wrote:I'll take a closer look at the info posted there after 10K----there are a few more obscure records that can be added.

RE: THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY

It should be done after Shiv retires from International cricket---that's a long way off---Shiv has at least 5 years of cricket left in him.

Rush
let me know what you find...will look as well. 8-)

as for the book, I don't think they will wait 5 years to release it...
Rush

Unread post

The Tiger will be the 10th batsman in history to get to 10K

Shiv 9918---82 to go.

On his way to at least 12,000

Rush
mapoui

Unread post

Babulall wrote:Shiv will be appreciated a whole lot more when he stops playing. Typical low self-esteem, instant-gratification, can-think-too-far-down-the-road skunts denigrate the man for doing what he loves best...BAT and BAT and BAT some more...

If we had TWO more Shivs in the team instead of the low life, talentless dotties, we'd do a whole lot better. hopefully Deo and Fuda can emulate the great man and his simple approach to the game.
to be honest babulal I can take only one shive in a side at a time...and only one is needed. 2 shives will kill a sides batting, make cricket too hard to watch.

at the same time I can take a few Laras in a side for lara scored and scored and scored..batted as long or longer than shive but scored..shots all around the wicket, created shots, bowlers dont know where to drop the ball... simply serve it up to be lashed.

batsmen like shive are essential for balance in a line-up. things go bad he shuts it down and recoups the situation, salvages something. his presence eases the pressure on those at the top and he has anoher gear he can sometimes employ..or deploy.. to score quickly.

shive is exceptional and a hero to many westindians as he is to me. but 2 and 3 shive types in a side?

wow! I wud rather have 3 Laras
mapoui

Unread post

or 3 Kalliecharrans..even better 3 Kanhais! :D :D :D
Rush

Unread post

mapoui wrote: to be honest babulal I can take only one shive in a side at a time...and only one is needed. 2 shives will kill a sides batting, make cricket too hard to watch.

You are a typical West Indian---you are more interested in style than substance. Babulall is right! If the West Indies had 2 more Shivs in the team they would have been more successful.

Change your thinking Mappy---put more premium on substance over style.

Rev
mapoui

Unread post

You are a typical West Indian---you are more interested in style than substance.
watch it Rush. dont lose your own substance in veneration of one man...

when and where in the universe can lara be regarded as style without substance...or Kalli and Kanhai?

or any great and stylish westindian batsman for that matter!

look here! always valuable at this time shive is more valauable than ever to the westindies. without him in the side we would not make 150 most times. Remember it was I who was in the wicb skin to keep both he and Sars period..as the class of the batting.

but I just stated the reality in the situation in and among all the religious outbursts...1 shive at a time who anchors the line-up.

that is praise indeed dont you think?