4th Test: England v Pakistan at Lord's, Aug 26-30, 2010

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

England 39/1 (12.3 ov)

Pakistan won the toss and elected to field
mapoui

Unread post

Andrew Strauss was defeated by a super delivery from Mohammad Asif before the rain returned at Lord's © PA Photos

its such a pleasue readng about bowling like this..."defeated by a super ball! reminds of our great westindies bowlers
BallOil

Unread post

yeah man ....looks like WI lose the art ..
Mohammad Asif to Strauss, OUT, 77.8 mph, cracker! Beauty from Asif! What a bowler! Full, swinging in a fraction before nipping back further, bursting through the gate as Strauss tried to defend, and clipping leg stump! He really deserved that
mapoui

Unread post

BallOil wrote:yeah man ....looks like WI lose the art ..
Mohammad Asif to Strauss, OUT, 77.8 mph, cracker! Beauty from Asif! What a bowler! Full, swinging in a fraction before nipping back further, bursting through the gate as Strauss tried to defend, and clipping leg stump! He really deserved that

reminds of tests-long battles between Garner and Keppler Wessells.

there was a time when Garner used to get wessells all the time. wessells did not know what to do with Garner till the fifth test at sydney prolly 1984 when wessells finally scored a 173, fist inings on a pitch dat deteriorated to gave Oz a rare victory in those days

garner made middle stump to outside-off a corridor of hell fuh wessells :D :D :D
BallOil

Unread post

nice lil story deh...but I see Wessell finally figured out Garner though. :) Still we need some mo good fast bowling around the world to exposed em posers :lol:
BallOil

Unread post

England 67/5 (20.5 ov)
BallOil

Unread post

England 139/7 (49.0 ov)

England in a spot of bother :)
mapoui

Unread post

why does pakistan insist on selecting Akmal as keeper when he drops and drop and drops...at the most inopportune times? (off course no dropped-catch is opportune)

Its not my business of course but I could nto help noticing that he dropped Broad today at 132. Broad went on to add 37 more runs to his total and quite a bit more in partnership with Trott.

I could have sworn Pak had solved its problem with the change to Zulquarnin. low and behold after a sterling performance by Zulquar Akmal is back on the side!

well! as I said its not my business!
mapoui

Unread post

england 446/10 Braod 169...Trott 184
mapoui

Unread post

england has a nice lil side that bats all the way down the line. the only real weak link is dat Finn newbie fella!

a good bowling attack is a good bowling attack that would trouble any side no matter how long the batting is. but it is nice to have a side that bats long like westindies used to be.

especially in helpful conditions Pak has a tremendous bowling side. but Pakistan remains Pakistan a hide and seek side..or jekyll and hide...no one aware of which apsect will show up on any given day.

and it starts off the field with Pak selection. why Akmal at all?