Bravo, Pollard still 'committed' to WI

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

Kieron Pollard and Dwayne Bravo, the Trinidad & Tobago allrounders, remain committed to West Indies cricket, their regional team manager Colin Borde has said. Borde's comments came a day after it was reported that the two had turned down central contracts from the WICB.

"I don't think by not signing the central contracts that they are not interested in West Indies cricket," Borde told Trinidad and Tobago Express. "It is just that, probably, they did not want to be contracted year round.

"I am sure they have their reasons and will be having discussions in the next few days to let these be known. But I am quite confident that Dwayne and Kieron are both committed to West Indies cricket and will make themselves available for selection."
link

What are your thoughts on this?
BallOil

Unread post

this is like them bwoys want to live home with them girlfriends but not married her :lol: :lol:

Looks like they don't want any strings attached. is this really commitment though?
Snoop

Unread post

I don't know why they're maintaining this facade of trying to appear as if they're genuinely committed to West Indies cricket?

Bravo has said in the past his first committment is to T&T, second to Mumbai Indians and last West Indies. Pollard is "Mr. Free Agent" having refused a tour with the Windies "A" team to play lickit T20 in England and now refusing a central contract.

I was really hoping they would have said someting along the lines of: "Our first committment is to ourselves and our families and that means earning as much money in our playing careers. Unfortunately, a West Indies central contract impedes us in this endavour and as such we have made the decision to ply our trade elsewhere and not be burdened by the demands of West Indies cricket."