LIVE STREAM: West Indies vs Ireland T20s

West Indies cricket discussions
Googley

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:Correction...Jamaica and Guyana easily hammered Ireland, but the Windwards lost to them.
:D

oh rass...sorry Ireland! my bad!! :lol:
mikesiva

Unread post

Toss West Indies, who chose to bat
BallOil

Unread post

runs fest coming up? Is ESPN carrying this?
mikesiva

Unread post

West Indies XI: Gayle, Smith, Samuels, Simmons, DJ Bravo, Ramdin+, Sammy*, Russell, Rampaul, Narine, Badree

Ireland XI: Porterfield*, Stirling, Joyce, Poynter, Wilson+, O'Brien, Thompson, Sorensen, Cusack, Murtagh, Dockrell
mikesiva

Unread post

WICKET! Smith holes out to deep square leg and WI 31-1. Samuels is the new batsman.

WICKET! Gayle flicks to long on and is caught by Dockrell off the bowling of Cusack for 18. WI 38/2 (5.3 Ov). Simmons is the new...
BallOil

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:WICKET! Smith holes out to deep square leg and WI 31-1. Samuels is the new batsman.

WICKET! Gayle flicks to long on and is caught by Dockrell off the bowling of Cusack for 18. WI 38/2 (5.3 Ov). Simmons is the new...

fighting Irish could upset WI?
BallOil

Unread post

Samuels c †Wilson b Dockrell 16. Bravo comes in... WI 58/3
howzdat

Unread post

Bally, were I an Irish fan I would have to agree that so far the game has not gotten away from them. This is going to be interesting.
Last edited by howzdat on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BallOil

Unread post

howzdat wrote:Bally, were I am Irish fan I would have to agree that so far the game has not gotten away from them. This is going to be interesting.
Ireland doing a good job restricting the world champs ... What is is a good score for WI from here, 66/3 after 12 overs?
howzdat

Unread post

howzdat wrote:Bally, were I an Irish fan I would have to agree that so far the game has not gotten away from them. This is going to be interesting.
howzdat wrote:Ireland tour of West Indies, 1st T20I: West Indies v Ireland at Kingston, Feb 19, 2014
Ahead of this game, Renaldo Metadeen sportswriter and social media manager for ESPN Caribbean, penned an article from which we can glean that Gayle hopes to find right combination with (Dwayne) Smith. Having won the toss West Indies elected to bat. With 20 minutes to go till game starts we will soon see how they combine. imho West Indies have gambled with this team selection. Game on.

I have a feeling that this one is worth a ball-by-ball following and though am feeling a bit beamish, i mean queasy, ahead of the first ball being bowled I do hope that windies intention to create lots of scoreboard pressure will be realised. Lawd Gayle hit a six fourth ball....
and with the score on 31 Smith is out. :ugeek: observes that the fall of the first windian wicket is an SSS affair: Smith c Sorensen b Stirling.
mikesiva wrote:WICKET! Gayle flicks to long on and is caught by Dockrell off the bowling of Cusack for 18. WI 38/2 (5.3 Ov). Simmons is the new...
Thanks mikesiva

Chris Gayle to score a large T20 something against Ireland? Emphatically NO.
On paper WI should have had a plan to set Ireland to score at a rate of 9 per over.
Last edited by howzdat on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.