Competitive value

West Indies cricket discussions
mapoui2

Unread post

Gils wrote:So, once again your fundamental flaw is revealed, rendering both your explanations and excuse’s unworthy of mention, irrelevant

Empty barrel mek di most noise, a tru :!: .
you know something Gils....we can now go even further than that Gils..and I can agree with you and mike finally after taking a good log look at the situation.

I can mention Jamaica but now in agreement with you. go then man....Jamaica. go! it truly seems the best way forward.

you know what they say: when something is needed in society someone always comes up with it. it could be that the Yardys have come up with a way forward for them so go man..separate.

there is nutten to the west indies anymore anyway. the potential that led to independence is effectively dead, west indian society/culture a great neo colonial morass or shit soup that is likely dying before our eyes. it is a great failed area in which nothing works and no one remains in their right mind

all west nations are saddled with debt cannot be paid, cant get out from under that. and there is only more debt to come. debt will never stop until the people rise and kill the system which makes that real. can they rise..the west indian people as they are now constituted :?: :?:

not likely

for debt Trinidad not debt free but with hydrocarbon revenues high they managed. but the price of hydrocarbons is now through the floor so Trinidad likely now joins the rest of the region in debt and poverty

and out of the region there is not a progressive peep in the jam and whine cacaphony. all the great progressive writers and personalities are dead and gone. no more James and Selvon, Best and the rest of them. No more Jagan and Michael Manley. not even an Eric Williams in sight...none to replace those who led the progressive fight.

all we have now is separatist nonsense and dumbed down multitudes.

oh well! I am old and out of it. my time is past. stick me with a phork I am done. Maybe ARFO or FRAO or AFRO will take up defense of an unbroken, un-separated region in cricket..even as he defends the factor..the wicb..that is one powerful force driving such separation. let us see how and if he can manages such a trick
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
:lol:
mapoui2

Unread post

stick me with a phork! I am done! :o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
:lol:
I was dead wrong. there is no west indies. Mike and Gils are right. Time to go it alone :( :(

indeed its a kind of death
:( :( :( :(
:( :( :(
:( :(
:(
Gils

Unread post

SA win the 3rd test at Newlands by 8 wickets to wrap up the series 2-0.

Going into the fifth day, with the assistance of rain, the Windies put up their most competitive display of the tour as they bowled SA out for the first time in three attempts and totalled five half centuries over two completed Inns. However, this improved performance could not prevent yet another batting collapse which saw 7 wickets go down for just 33 runs in a 2nd Inns capitulation. CV rating 5.67
mikesiva

Unread post

This is the worst one day side I have ever watched...
Gils

Unread post

The first ODI encounter in Kingsmead saw South Africa make 279. After rain delays the West Indies fell well short of the revised total of 226 from 32 overs.

They were bundled out for just 164 in 28 overs with no batsman going past 50.

CV rating 1.5
Last edited by Gils on Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gils

Unread post

2nd ODI at Wanderers

South Africa amass 439, their biggest score in ODI's, with three centurions. AB Devilliers making a record 149 from just 44 deliveries.

This huge total was never in danger as the reply saw only DR Smith and Denesh Ramdin past 50.

CV rating 0.1
Gils

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:This is the worst one day side I have ever watched...
Something tells me it'll get a whole lot worserer before it gets any better.
Gils

Unread post

3rd ODI East London

Batting first the West Indies were bowled out for only 122 runs in 33.4 overs.

South Africa in reply chased that total down in less than 25 overs for the loss of just one wicket to wrap up the 5 match series 3-0.

CV rating 1.0
Gils

Unread post

4th ODI Port Elizabeth, WI win by 1 wicket with 9 balls remaining.

Bowling first the West Indies reduced South Africa to just a single centurion in a score of 262 from 50 overs which included 4 wickets for 54 runs from Captain Jason Holder.

The West Indian chase saw half centuries from Samuels, Sammy and MOM Andre Russell who took the team home with 64 runs from 40 deliveries.

CV Rating 8.0
Gils

Unread post

5th ODI at SuperSport Park, Centurion

Normality was resumed as South Africa, batting first, who totaled 361 for 5 in just 42 overs went on to skittle West Indies out for 230 in 37.4 overs and win by 131 runs.

Two South African centurions with just the one half century in reply gives a CV rating of 1.33.

The tour in it's entirety saw 6 South African centurions in 3 test match's, one being a double hundred, while the 5 ODI's produced another 6.

Add the T20 ton and they register 13 tons throughout the 11 tour match's.

Tour CV rating 1.67