I think he playing brigga pon we :lol: :lol:
Googley

Unread post

i think you nailed it! :lol: :lol:
BallOil

Unread post

BallOil wrote:
Googley wrote:Bally, wah happened to the Kanhai site...it not wukking :o
here is the link http://www.windiesfans.com/index.php/Kanhai-News/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will fix Kanhai.windiesfans.com later..sorry for the trouble
Googs ..just so you know this link is working again Kanhai.windiesfans.com 8-)
BallOil

Unread post

Here is something for you Googs.. since the author ducking.. :lol: :lol:
By the 1960s, cricket had become an insatiable passion for Calcuttans. The change from the meadow game ambience was brought about by the genius of Rohan Kanhai and Garfield Sobers as well as by the fury of Wesley Hall and Roy Gilchrist. Little did the brilliant West Indies cricketers of Gerry Alexander’s 1958 team realize that they were about to transform the city’s pleasant winter pastime into a collective infatuation.

There is no doubt that cricket was gaining popularity in the city ever since Ranji strode on to the Eden Gardens’ turf and the local hero, Bidhu Mukherji, hit centuries against the CCC. Mohammad Nissar’s ferocious pace, Mushtaq Ali’s lissome elegance and Sir Jack Hobbs’s brilliance had also captured the imagination of the locals who also marvelled at the exploits of Charlie Macartney, Vinoo Mankad, Lala Amarnath, Denis Compton, Keith Miller, and so on. But the actual metamorphosis came in 1958 with the advent of Rohan Kanhai and his mind-boggling stroke-play, which, at times, seemed to defy even the laws of gravity. Queues would form before a Test, and a match ticket became an established status symbol.
Link
Googley

Unread post

Hey Maps, what do you think of what the "author" wrote on the 2nd post? was that an accurate description? I know u remember those games!
mapoui

Unread post

go ahead guys. I have things dealing with right now dats why! never thought to read the kanhai thread....or I might have read it when there was only one response or soemthing.

ruff these days but go ahead!
Googley

Unread post

like you writing a book?! :D

I hope all is well, maps
Googley

Unread post

bally,

check this one http://ondriveupdate.com/odenginwi.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BallOil

Unread post

Googley wrote:bally,

check this one http://ondriveupdate.com/odenginwi.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks will add Mapoui's and Sham's article to the site .... 8-) 8-)