Gaddafi vs West

Political updates and debates...
Keith

Unread post

Should Gaddaffi stand down and let the imperialistic West or the Rebels control Libya?
mikesiva

Unread post

Welcome, Keith!
8-)
You know my views...I've dithered about this one, but after the last report I posted about the rebels in western Libya lynching black migrant workers solely because they're black, I'm seriously questioning why the UK, France and US chose to support these rebels without trying to find out what their position really was on a number of issues.

Now, they've assassinated their own military leader, embarrassing the West.
Keith

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:Welcome, Keith!
8-)
You know my views...I've dithered about this one, but after the last report I posted about the rebels in western Libya lynching black migrant workers solely because they're black, I'm seriously questioning why the UK, France and US chose to support these rebels without trying to find out what their position really was on a number of issues.

Now, they've assassinated their own military leader, embarrassing the West.
Good on you Mike, but that thread has been locked on your forum because of different radical views...
Some facts about Libya: this country, like Iraq, is divided up with different tribes which Gaddafi controlled. From these groups there is clearly discontent growing which the western media are not reporting.
Secondly, no one can say for sure what % of the Libyan people support the regime as opposed to those who are against.
Thirdly, if the east is controlled by the rebels, why is there fierce fighting in the eastern town of Benghazi even to this day!

Like Mugabe, I do not support everything Gaddafi does but I do support these leaders for standing up against imperialism! Clearly I am anti-imperialist and nothing more...
mapoui

Unread post

there was a rally or demonstration some weeks ago in Tripoli when almost all the population came out in support of gadafi.

gaddafi is the accepted leader by the people then and he must not stand down.

the work gaddafi has done over the years for his people and in africa stands clearly in support of the man.

gaddaif has no money stashed in forrin banks. there is not even a hint of that anywhere.

on the other hand the west has confisacted Libyas billions on deposit in their banks..

watever discontent in Libya from the years of gadaffis rule that is Libyan business, Libyan problem to solve. the west lied about wat was going on in libya to justify their aggression and intervention.

the west lies about the rebels. the rebels are a terrible group of people selected, organised, financed by the west to do exactly as they are doing...mash up the country, and put it back together in a way that makes it a western satrapy

that is wat is goin on...not any kind of real rebellion against Gaddafi. it has all been formented in and by the west.
Last edited by mapoui on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mapoui

Unread post

as far as I have read the rebels have cleansed the east of libya of blac people...migrants as well as indigenous blac libyans. deh have klilled them all off.

my key concern in all this is the support of the rebels by the Obama administration. in fact it is Obama who set all this up...and his own people on the blac side of himself are being genocided.

as the days go by it is revealed more and more that Obama is the devil himself. he is the most awful of american presidents, even more violent and murderous than lil Bush if that can be imagined
Last edited by mapoui on Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith

Unread post

Mustafa Mohammed Abdul Jalil, is expected to travel to Paris next week for a meeting of the international "contact group" of countries involved in stabilising Libya.
BBC

Stabilising Libya huh! What could this mean?
BallOil

Unread post

The Rebel Road to Tripoli ....

How will this one end?
mapoui

Unread post

I see neither keith nor mike are picking up on the points I raised. do they disagree with me? or do they agree with me to any extent and disagree to some extent?

the facts on the ground are: the Libyan people enjoyed significant benefits of the Gaddafi leadership. Libaysn have the highest standard of livng in Africa, the greatest life expectancy, all the heal servicesm education right up to university level.

did Gaddafi have secret accounts off-shore? he has never been accused of dat. does Gaddifi live in a palace or mansion? no he lives an ascetic life in humble circumstance.

did the west run a horrific program of propaganda..lies all the way... to demonise Gaddafi and attack Libya. They did!

is the west under the NATO rubric with the american military doing the bull-work killing Libyans indiscriminately as we speak? YES!

is Obama implicated, fully, unconditionally, clearly...going out and announcing dat Gaddaffi is no more...? Hell YES!

is any internal; issue among libyans an issue for Libyans to sort out? yes!

so why isnt anyone picking up on my points?
Keith

Unread post

I cannot speak to the assumed notion that Obama set up the current activities in Libya but certainly there is something in the mortar besides the pestle. There is no empirical evidence to prove or disprove your theory...

What I think is ironic though is that the rebels have now decided to pursue the Libyan people who are resisting the NATO change. They have set up tanks and other heavy artillery and are heading towards Sirte, a town that supports Gaddafi. Now if the NTC is the recognised gov't by the West, then is it not ironic that the same resolution which was passed to protect civilians is now being used to attack civilians, who are not on the right side according to NATO!
mapoui

Unread post

I cannot speak to the assumed notion that Obama set up the current activities in Libya but certainly there is something in the mortar besides the pestle. There is no empirical evidence to prove or disprove your theory...

you are not serious..are you?