Jason Holder: 'I think we just need to support people'

West Indies cricket discussions
Newsram

Unread post

The West Indies allrounder sees a lot of promise in his team-mates in the Test arena
Jason Holder believes the West Indies Test side will improve if they can stick together and get more game time.

West Indies are currently playing their sixth Test this season and Holder's unbeaten 81 has put them in a position to challenge for a second victory. With batting collapses becoming a familiar feature of their scorecards, there is a growing sense that they will continue to lag behind teams in the top half of the World Test Championship (WTC) table, something that Holder thinks can only change with more game time and more backing.

"We have been a little bit slow, we've been a little bit inconsistent but I think we just need to support people," Holder said. "You see the talent that we have in the dressing room. We've got Test hundreds from No. 1 down to down to No. 8, with the exception of Raymon [Reifer], who has just come in.

"We've got to have that patience and build a strong core group of players. The more we chop and change in cricket, the worse results we will probably get because we need to give people opportunity. The urge for me and everybody else within the group is just to keep getting the opportunities and taking them with both hands."

Source: https://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content ... id=OTC-RSS