Glamorgan Cricket: Mark Alleyne named limited-overs coach

West Indies cricket discussions
Newsram

Unread post

Alleyne will work alongside red-ball Head Coach Matthew Maynard and oversee both our Vitality Blast and One Day Cup outfits during the season.

The 54 year-old played in ten One-Day Internationals for England and, during his playing career, the all-rounder fulfilled a pivotal role as Gloucestershire became one of the most successful one-day teams.

Having played for Gloucestershire between 1986 and 2005, Mark then acted as their Head Coach before, in March 2009, succeeding Clive Radley as Head Coach of the MCC.

He has subsequently been a support coach to England’s T20 and One-Day International teams, as well as being Assistant Coach of the England Lions and the Welsh Fire Men’s team.

Mark Alleyne, on being announced as white-ball head coach, said “I have always looked forward to travelling over the Bridge to the cricketing cauldron at Sophia Gardens or to a more relaxing holiday in North Wales - both done on numerous occasions.”

“My next trip though as Glamorgan’s white-ball Head Coach will be my most anticipated. This unique splitting of the domestic roles - often reserved for International teams- tells me the Club are serious about competing on all fronts. This is exactly the environment I love to be part of and I can’t wait to join Matt Maynard who will be leading the Championship challenge.

“Working in the white-ball Coaching team with England in 2022 has given me the stimulus to make a big mark domestically. I am here unequivocally, to do just that.”

Mark Wallace, on the appointment of Mark Alleyne, said “We are absolutely thrilled to bring Mark on board as our white-ball head coach.”

“Mark brings a wealth of experience to our white-ball sides and a fresh perspective on how we can move forward in both formats. It is an exciting time for the Club, and we are looking forward to Mark putting his stamp on our style of play.

“We want to compete across all formats, and with this new coaching setup, I am extremely optimistic about what the future holds for Glamorgan in both red-ball and white-ball cricket.”

-Glamorgan