Seriously, what are your thoughts on the Windies Anthem?

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

This one have me scratching meh head...West Indies is not a nation ... :?

[youtube][/youtube]
mapoui

Unread post

yu fingers mus' be making deep furrow on yuh head because dis one is a mystery indeed!

I heard no one in duscussion on this! who decide we had to have an anthem...collective one.... and dat it had to be this one! who wrote it? is there only music and no lyrics?

where the words dat suppose' tuh talk about the principles and morals and history and strenght and unity of the na'shun?

talk about yuh abitrariness?

and if there is an anthen there mus' be a flag! where is de flag?
Last edited by mapoui on Tue May 18, 2010 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mapoui

Unread post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_ ... ration.svg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mapoui

Unread post

ah anthem fuh we jess appear jess so, and nobody had anything to do with it.

did Hunte commission it, write it, organise it, teach the band how to play it?

what band played it,,wat part of the westindies deh from?

ah 'national' antem made in secret?

is dat how yuh make an run ah na'shun? :lol: :lol: :lol:
admin
Site Admin

Unread post

The West Indies Federation, also known as the Federation of the West Indies, was a short-lived Caribbean federation that existed from January 3, 1958, to May 31, 1962. It consisted of several Caribbean colonies of the United Kingdom. The expressed intention of the Federation was to create a political unit that would become independent from Britain as a single state—possibly similar to the Canadian Confederation, Australian Federation, or Central African Federation; however, before that could happen, the Federation collapsed due to internal political conflicts.
It didn't last for long eh? wonder why...
krishna

Unread post

i like rally around west indies
mapoui

Unread post

krishna wrote:i like rally around west indies
now if deh wanted a national antem without involving the people deh cud use dat. the people have already spoken on that. rally is their chosen antem...not dat 'marshall' calypso music deh play deh!

{marshall as in military...military music..ah military calypso! sounds exactly like something skutn Hute would choose}

this is a most disgusting and undemocratic development...to impose ah anthem on the westindian people. oh the chutzpah, the termerity of the traitorous dictatoral elites we have! :roll: :roll:
BallOil

Unread post

krishna wrote:i like rally around west indies
glad you like it...but what does it mean to you and they players when they play it?
BallOil

Unread post

Here is Dictionary.com ...def.
hymn or song expressing patriotic sentiment and either governmentally authorized as an official national hymn or holding that position in popular feeling. The oldest national anthem is Great Britain's "God Save the Queen," which was described as a national anthem in 1825, although it had been popular as a patriotic song and used on occasions of royal ceremonial since the mid-18th century.
What does it mean to you when them play that anthem?
mapoui

Unread post

"hymn or song expressing patriotic sentiment and either governmentally authorized as an official national hymn or holding that position in popular feeling"

so there is precedent then for the song 'rally' to be offically endorsed as westindian anthem because the people already use for that purpose?