Holding: Pollard can't be called a cricketer

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

link
"Pollard in my opinion is not a cricketer," Holding told 'The Times', alluding to the fact that 25-year-old all-rounder, who is the costliest player on the IPL roster, may be a T20 star but is yet to make his Test debut.
was Gayle a cricketer when he prefer T20 over Test cricket Mr Holding? :)
is Marlon Samuels a cricketer? :)
mapoui

Unread post

why does not mister holding learn to control himself. he is not a poor abused beggar on the streets, from a traumatic, broken childhood. or is he?

michael has been a sucessful cricketer, one of the very greatest ever fast bowlers....a westindian statesman and icon, a successful and respected global cricket comentator.

these are the creds of a man who has earned the time to talk and be heard by every one. Holding can take all the time in the world to speak, organise his thoughts and speak positively while making all the points he has ever made with no controversy, damage and criticism of players, with full value as positive and inforrmed comment by a very experienced leader in the field.

it was disgusting when Holding made so much noise about Hoopers pick as captain when westindies had no choice. I dont like Hoops, thought little of him as cricketer and westindian and still do. but in the mix Hoops deserved a chance as captain, and he had to be allowed to do the job of captain without holdings' distractions.

that was no way for a man of Holdings' standing to behave!

now Holding is into Pollard!

Pollards is not your brightest bulb in the mix of players at the moment. that is clear to me. and it appears everyone with whom he deals knows this fact about Pollard and seeks to use his skills relative to this realisation.

this is never more clear than where Pollard is sent in to bat everywhere he plays.

none of his captains appear to trust his batting enough to send him up in the responsible positions, where batsmen are counted on to make runs. they keep Pollard lower down where his hit and miss is best suited for the cameos that can turn an innings, or win a game.

Pollard also fields and catches well and bowls a useful and often effective medium.

so if Holding cant help the young man over his batting hump, supply him with the mentality that makes him into a real batsman, capable of adapting his talent to all circumstances...then he better accept Pollard for what and who he is, wish him well, and be happy that another young westindian is doing well, successful and off the streets!
Last edited by mapoui on Mon May 24, 2010 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
mapoui

Unread post

Pollards was a nice innings today. to bad he did not go on from there to a bigger score.

thanks Miky! yuh noise making the bwoy put dong he head an' bat!
moris.green

Unread post

I don't agree with Holding that Pollard is not a cricket . As soon as he is making run for his country , he is Ok for me. Everyone's performance. He is an aggressive all rounder for West Indies and ideal for shorter versions of the game.

BallOil

Unread post

Pollard was the pick of the bowlers yesterday :) I wonder if Mikey was watching Polly in action... :)