Looks Like Rain..SA vs WI 2nd ODI

West Indies cricket discussions
mapoui

Unread post

no man! I din' miss the Ramidn reply! i din' see it!

Ramdin always scores well in dung heap...which scores translate into a 20 average at the internatinal level.

Ramdin is the weakest incumbent we have ever had behind the stumps. he is very shaky indeed!

I like the kid, have defended him on many occassions and would have selected Fletcher beofr him only when Fletcher was early, not yet exposed as a waste of time.

Ramdins 20 av is better too than Baugh who is a the most idiotic keeper/batsman Jamaica ever produced. what a tremendus letdown after Aleaxander/hendricks/dujon. and expensive because of Baugh we lost Keith Hibbert who was the keeper who prolly would have solved the problem behind.

walton is doing well an I expect that within a year he will succeed Ramdin. that might be Ramdins lucky day for he can relax and grow-up, and return a much better, mature player by the time he is 28-30...just about the right age for keepers to blossom
mapoui

Unread post

if yu look you would see that all the great keepers began their test careers and best periods, at around 26-28. internationally that appears to be the age keepes to begin to mature, to come into their own.

the only exceptiosn to that rule I know are Taibu and Deryck Murray...though Murray wasnt a good keeper when he got picked and broke the record in england in 1963. Murray was 19 and by 1968 he was 24 and keeping shit for westindies against england in the westindies.

the dropped him completely and he only came back year later when he was already 31-32. thats when Deryck really came of age and became a good international keeper.

so it is really only Taibu I know of who started young and kept it up, up to now!

Ramdin appears to be a murray type. a prolonged drop now...3-5 years.... should do him no harm, might actually save some sort of career for him!

Walton also is young so he too faces the question of maturity. if he takes over for randim he faces the same problems. he may make it easy for Ramdin up the road!
Last edited by mapoui on Tue May 25, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BallOil

Unread post

alright Mapoui..you want a fight you getting one.... :lol: :lol:

step in di ring :)
mapoui

Unread post

no need fuh ah fite on this! Ramdin isnt dong the job. he is in there because there is no alternative to him?

and as soon as one comes along if ramdin hasnt improved he is toast.

do you think the selectos and the fans are satisfied with Ramdin? if they were the would never have given Fletecher a run!