Pollard in de Pweffen

West Indies cricket discussions
socafighter

Unread post

http://www.cricinfo.com/countycricket20 ... 35762.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sussex 159 (19/20 ov)
Somerset 161/3 (18.4/20 ov)
Somerset won by 7 wickets (with 8 balls remaining)

Pollard didnt bat

Pollard bowling ...... KA Pollard 3 0 16 3 5.33

mad em Polly
mikesiva

Unread post

Once again, Kieron Pollard has a dilemma....

Does he earn as much money as he can, playing 20/20 cricket for Somerset? Or does he turn out for Trinidad in the Caribbean 20/20 competition?

The group matches go right up to July 18, with Somerset playing Kent, and the quarter-finals will be on July 26 and 27. It's highly likely that Somerset, who are currently third, will make it to the quarter-finals.

Trinidad's matches are as follows....

Canada - July 22

Leewards - July 24

Jamaica - July 28

It's clear he'll miss the Leewards and Jamaica games, so why bother fly back home for the Canada game alone? Or will he miss the group games and fly back for the semis, which will be played on July 30?

The Trinidad authorities better get this cleared up as soon as possible....

I think it goes without saying that Dwayne Smith will choose to play for Sussex, and Pedro Collins Middlesex, over Barbados.
BallOil

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:Once again, Kieron Pollard has a dilemma....

Does he earn as much money as he can, playing 20/20 cricket for Somerset? Or does he turn out for Trinidad in the Caribbean 20/20 competition?

The group matches go right up to July 18, with Somerset playing Kent, and the quarter-finals will be on July 26 and 27. It's highly likely that Somerset, who are currently third, will make it to the quarter-finals.

Trinidad's matches are as follows....

Canada - July 22

Leewards - July 24

Jamaica - July 28

It's clear he'll miss the Leewards and Jamaica games, so why bother fly back home for the Canada game alone? Or will he miss the group games and fly back for the semis, which will be played on July 30?

The Trinidad authorities better get this cleared up as soon as possible....

I think it goes without saying that Dwayne Smith will choose to play for Sussex, and Pedro Collins Middlesex, over Barbados.
Maximize profits minimize losses....nobody wants to play in curry goat 20/20 ...do you blame em? :) BTW, add Shiv to the list as well :)
mikesiva

Unread post

I doubt that Lancashire will be foolish enough to play Shiv in their 20/20 team....
:lol:
That said, he'll probably miss the regional 20/20 to play county cricket, which I think is a blessing in disguise for all of us.

The latest announcement by Trinidad's manager is that Pollard will miss Somerset's quarter-final to play for Trinidad. Let's see what KP has to say about that!
:D
BallOil

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:I doubt that Lancashire will be foolish enough to play Shiv in their 20/20 team....
:lol:
That said, he'll probably miss the regional 20/20 to play county cricket, which I think is a blessing in disguise for all of us.

The latest announcement by Trinidad's manager is that Pollard will miss Somerset's quarter-final to play for Trinidad. Let's see what KP has to say about that!
:D
say what about Shivy? :) Shiv is holding back for better pay day then he will up it :lol: :lol:

Shiv is chasing his third county championship in a row... see? :) ;)

T&T seh Poly willl be home but lets see how it goes :)