is Ramdin a product of the environment?

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

Are we products of our social environment? It just goes to show how much we are affected by other people. Everyday, we are influenced by those around us.

Young Ramdin was a top-class keeper with decent batting... is the team contagious? :) Did he fall in line with teh rest of WI setup? :lol:
BallOil

Unread post

Should Ramdin be held accountable while the rest are carrying on as usual?
mapoui

Unread post

you go get plenty licks on that score balloil. you looking to protect ramdin? den doh do dat! all dat do is mek it worse.

if Ramdin doh have an independent head he is useless. if all he can do is follow the leader he is useless. those who stand up like shive wins.

if what you suggest is the troot about Ramdin he is ah impse, one of the bwoys in the lime, part of he crowd. if he crowd smart he smart...if the crowd dumb he dumb.....

yu see my point.
mapoui

Unread post

I dont see no problem with ramdin. he is what he is!

he is unlucky to have come in when too young! thats his problem...that he did not have time to mature in the shadow of an aging but established incumbent is a huge disadvantage to him.

to be a kid keeper in a failing side without the personal resources of a Taibu is tears. a person like Taibu was born big,...born mature. nothing phased him. Taibu always had oddles of emotional resources, determination and strenght to carry on.

Zimbabwe is blessed like that when it came to their to keepers.

Ramdin is a most unfortunate player. he has no cover like Ridley had cover, like williams had cover etc. Ramdin indeed has become cover for those coming up under him.

but never fear for Ramdins place! he is the best of a bad lot so the place is his for the next 3-5 years...unless westindies import a keeper.

as such Ramdin is sacrifical. unless in the press he somehow finds the emotional resources to calm down, focus and become really solid player, he is toast by then
BallOil

Unread post

I'm not protecting Ramdin but looking for answers.. :) I do see you point though 8-)