is Benny a troublemaker?

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

Oh dear. Controversy: Steyn spat to the right of Benn' Controversial scenes here. It could balloon into something ugly. Benn got close to Steyn as he walked off and was seen laughing. That seemed to angry Steyn and he spat to the right of Benn. I can't believe he spat there. Benn is enraged, takes a step or two towards Steyn who walks away. The umpires get into act and Benn is talking with them. Oh dear what has Steyn done here. The provocation seems to be the fact that Benn laughed. Perhaps there is the history, the past battles has got better of Steyn. Match referee has to surely get into this. He will look at the provocation and the reaction. It will be interesting to see what he will decides.
doh forget the Oz incidents with Benny and his refusal to bowl around the wicket at the request of his capt. :lol:
BallOil

Unread post

That's lunch on day 3. It turned out to be a dramatic and a touch ugly.

First Benn v Boucher. Lots of glaring, no words exchanged and Taufel spoke to Benn.

A short while later Steyn v Benn: I am cut and pasting what I wrote at the time of the event: " Oh dear. Controversy: Steyn spat on the ground to the right of Benn' . Controversial scenes here. It could balloon into something ugly. Benn got close to Steyn and was seen laughing. That seemed to angry Steyn and he spat to the right of Benn.At the ground. I can't believe he spat there. Benn is enraged, takes a step or two towards Steyn who walks away. The umpires get into act and talk to Benn. Oh dear what has Steyn done here. The provocation seems to be the fact that Benn laughed. Perhaps there is something more in the history between the two, perhaps this was a reaction to the past battles between Benn and South African players. Whatever be the catalyst, it seems to have got to Steyn. Match referee has to surely get into this. He will look at the provocation and the reaction. It will be interesting to see what he will decides.
Benny better learn to duck bouncers ..with that height :lol: :lol:
BallOil

Unread post

There have been lots of comments from you lot. I will give samples of each Pov.

Happy Jack: "Geez who will they blame this time? Watson and Haddin are nowhere to be seen! Spitting is not on. Steyn should know better than that, and so should Benn, firing Dale up is not a good idea!"

Errol: "... Benn is developing a repetition that is bad for the game. WI had a great fast bowler in Gilcrist, he was sent home , rightly or not because of his repetition. Players will use this against him to get him off his game. He must realise that he is representing the WHOLE WEST INDIES and his action or reaction reflects a dim view."

Brian F Singh: " Benn will get a 3 match suspension and Steyn will be let off for being a "passionate" player."

George: "Who is the problem maker here obvioulsy Benn, Steyn's actions have nothing to do with it. Benn started it earlier in the match and is the person who started the provocation."

Calvin Mayo: "Forget the hearing, yawn! I'll tell you what'll be interesting? Benn coming out to bat in the second innings!" ha!

Shamik Ghosh: "What did Benn do to "start" this? He laughed at Dale Steyn after he got out, no abuse. Dale Steyn has SPAT at Benn. Steyn's action "are not the problem here"? Benn is the "provocateur" therefore this is deserved? All the lectures about Benn needing to behave himself, I can only see one culprit, that is Dale Steyn."
BallOil

Unread post

Benn to Morkel, OUT, 53.8 mph, Wicket no 6 for Benn. No one laughed derisively. No one spat. They all walk back quietly. It straightened just outside off and Morkel stabbed it to first slip. fine bowling performance from Benn. The light roller comes out.
mapoui

Unread post

I love Benn! it just that they dont back him up fully. but fckuk the racist empires, match referes an' dem. they tief and ajudicate in gavour of the white teams.

that is plain and clear for all to see!

if such as I ran the wicb nutten would go down as easy as it does againt westindies leh mih tell allyuh!
BallOil

Unread post

Let's see what the match referee has to say on this one
socafighter

Unread post

Benn is your fav player .....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.....

sandra
mapoui

Unread post

steyn should be asked to explain his behaviour!

Benn dont intend to take nutten from dem white bwoys and dem! Benn dont intend to take nutten from nobody...not even idiot gayle his captain.

Sometimes a personality like Benn will take it too far. what he needs is some intelligence and smarts with dat attitude of his...so he knows when to be cool and when to let dem have it. he dont want to give them cause to get him. deh need little incentive to go after him. deh always chaffing at the bit to get at players of colour anyway

stinking, disgusting, racist saffie steyn spit in passing Benn. wat allyuh think dat meant in the circumstances? it could only have been contemptuous of Benn and therefore deliberately inflammatory.

but I bet they refs never invertigate Steyn...only Benn! steyn will get away scott free with his nastiness.

and I see morkel and steyn bowling ah set ah bouncers at westindies batsmen and nobody saying nutten. nobody talking abut the rules..1 bouncer per over! no warning from the emps.

I hope allyuh watching!
Last edited by mapoui on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikesiva

Unread post

There's no question that Benn often crosses the line where verbals are concerned....

But steyn is no angel either. He's often been seen directing verbals at opposing batsmen. However, like McGrath before him, he seems capable of dishing it out, but not capable of taking it.

If he found Benn's verbals difficult to take, he should've reacted with verbals, not by spitting....

I'm waiting to see if the match referee will deal with this in the same way they dealt with the Wavell Hinds-Graeme Smith spitting incident in 2005....
BallOil

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:There's no question that Benn often crosses the line where verbals are concerned....

But steyn is no angel either. He's often been seen directing verbals at opposing batsmen. However, like McGrath before him, he seems capable of dishing it out, but not capable of taking it.

If he found Benn's verbals difficult to take, he should've reacted with verbals, not by spitting....

I'm waiting to see if the match referee will deal with this in the same way they dealt with the Wavell Hinds-Graeme Smith spitting incident in 2005....
Steyn is a fast bowler ...one who mess with the batsmen head by bowling, talkin, staring, hitting, bouncin...etc

anyways, lets see what the match referee comes up with... we have to see what ignite the indecent and who started it...doh get me worng, what Steyn did was TOTALLY wrong....but lets see