Galle Test to be Muralitharan's last

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

link
Muttiah Muralitharan, the leading wicket-taker in Tests and ODIs, will retire from Test cricket after the first Test against India in Galle, which begins on July 18. While he will not play the subsequent tri-series, and will pick and choose which ODIs to play in, Murali will be available for selection if the team needs him for the 2011 World Cup, which Sri Lanka is co-hosting.

Cricinfo has learnt that Murali met Aravinda de Silva, the chairman of selectors, and captain Kumar Sangakkara over the weekend to discuss his future. He was asked to consider playing the full series against India, but he was unsure about being at his best if bowled heavily throughout the series
Di greatest will hang it up soon...
mapoui

Unread post

de greatets pelter? :?
BallOil

Unread post

mapoui wrote:de greatets pelter? :?
greatest in any category is an achievement no? :lol: Look ICC leh the man play and he took some wickets eh..give him his dues 8-)
BallOil

Unread post

Gwan Murali...you are a legend! 8-)
You are the leading wicket-taker in both Tests and ODIs. Is there anything you feel that you haven’t achieved?
I don’t think so. I have achieved almost everything. I am the leading wicket-taker in Tests and ODIs. I was part of the Sri Lankan team which won the World Cup in 1996. I am very much a part of IPL-winning side Chennai Super Kings. I have been part of many victories. So there is nothing left to achieve.
Link