Lambert to captain Jamaica?

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

WTF? Why is Jamaica overlooked WI captain Gayle (aka CaptainCeee) for Lambert? :shock:

Link
Exemplary record

According to the source, who requested anonymity, consideration was given to Lambert's exemplary record as captain of Jamaica from youth level to the present.

The national selection committee is completed by former chairman Ruddy Williams, coach Junior Bennett and local cricket administrator Ephraim McLeod.

"The selectors and board of directors thought that Lambert, as a captain, has been doing a very good job as a leader and commands the full respect and confidence of the players, and with the championship expected to be a very difficult one he was the person to lead the team," the source explained.
mapoui

Unread post

the wicb musta tell dem to go so!

that means the wicb wants to drop gayle and is preparing the ground by having Jamaica drop his rass first!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
BallOil

Unread post

mapoui wrote:the wicb musta tell dem to go so!

that means the wicb wants to drop gayle and is preparing the ground by having Jamaica drop his rass first!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
why you so happy? :) Thought Hunte wanted CaptainCee to lead WI out of the downward trend.. :? Some peeps seh Gayle is the next Lloyd! :)
mapoui

Unread post

happy?

di'ze laffter at likely official tactics to get what they want.

I am not happy about gayles failure to raise the team up. I am not happy that is not indeed another lloyd.

but we have to move orn and divise ways to cope and win with what we have. gayle is now an impediment as cappo. maybe even as batsman.
BallOil

Unread post

mapoui wrote:happy?

di'ze laffter at likely official tactics to get what they want.

I am not happy about gayles failure to raise the team up. I am not happy that is not indeed another lloyd.

but we have to move orn and divise ways to cope and win with what we have. gayle is now an impediment as cappo. maybe even as batsman.
True...I think they sending a msg to Gayle.. Will he give it up or wait for them to dump him? :)