Pietersen drops himself by Twitter

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

link
The tweet posted by Kevin Pietersen which was quickly deleted from his account, August 31, 2010
The already infamous tweet from Kevin Pietersen © Twitter

Kevin Pietersen has announced via Twitter that he has been dropped from England's squad for the Twenty20 and one-day internationals against Pakistan, and has hit out at the decision while adding he has signed with Surrey.

"Done for rest of summer!! Man of the World Cup T20 and dropped from the T20 side too. Its a f**k up!!," Pietersen posted on his account kevinpp24, before deleting it minutes later, but not before it had been picked up by several users and circulated around the internet.
mikesiva

Unread post

:lol:
Always spoke before he thought it out, eh?
BallOil

Unread post

yeah....LOL.... PK like to be in the spot light... :lol:

a bit arrogant too :)
mapoui

Unread post

has england actually dropped him yet?

do I know my cricket or what! :lol: :lol: :lol:
mapoui

Unread post

yes they dropped his sorry rass! looks good on him! :D :D

I could tell his batting had gone south!

but now england has a strong line-up and I doubt that there is any love for Kevin up in there. I think they wpould all love to see the back of him. his place for the coming ashes is very much in doubt
BallOil

Unread post

Kevin Pietersen and Dimitri Mascarenhas have been fined for their respective Twitter outbursts as England cricketers struggle to adapt to social media. Pietersen attended a disciplinary hearing at Lord's on Monday and pleaded guilty to two charges, following the post he made after being omitted from England's one-day squad, while repeating his apology from last week.

Pietersen found himself in trouble after updating his twitter account following his omission for the Twenty20 internationals against Pakistan. He was instead dispatched to Surrey to regain form after a disappointing season with the bat.

"Done for rest of summer!! Man of the World Cup T20 and dropped from the T20 side too. Its a f**k up!!," Pietersen posted on his account kevinpp24. He deleted it minutes later, but not before it had been picked up by several users and circulated around the internet.

"The hearing considered his comments to be prejudicial to the interests of Team England and ECB and a significant breach of the England player conditions of employment," a statement said. "He has been fined an undisclosed sum in accordance with the terms and conditions of his England central contract.
link