WICB retaliates against players with contracts

West Indies cricket discussions
BallOil

Unread post

When will WICB focus on cricket and stop playing politics...
Ramnaresh Sarwan, Jerome Taylor and Denesh Ramdin have been demoted from the West Indies contract list while Kieron Pollard and Adrian Barath have been promoted to full deals. The fitness of Sarwan, a former captain, and Narsingh Deonarine was "deemed unsatisfactory" by the selectors while Taylor, the fast bowler, was not helped by his limited availability following a back injury.

Sarwan, who was most recently affected by a hamstring problem, has not played a Test since 2009 and he has appeared in four ODIs and seven Twenty20s this year. He has a top score of 100 not out against Ireland but he was less effective when facing the better teams. Taylor was sent home from the tour of Australia late last year with back stress fractures and has made only nine limited-overs appearances since then.
read more
BallOil

Unread post

How do you justify denying Sarwan, Deo and Dowlin a contract and give Devon Shyte a contract? :lol:
mapoui

Unread post

ha ha! I missed this! I am on the road farting around with a laptop for the next month and a half. so doh freek out. I doh know wat to say about all this. is ah mess! I could see some of the drops. taylor, dowlin, rampaul. ramdin fifty fifty. sarwan? a man around so long, gave a lot! yu have to be espectful and be sure what yuh doing with him..especially now he looking good leading guyana
mapoui

Unread post

pollard? mmmm! limited overs yes! anything more...iffy!
mapoui

Unread post

smith before narsing? not in my book..although narsing disappont mih against RSA...giving up when he was going fine. smith is very difficult to justify after his many chances inability to adjust his techinue to deal with attacks organisd against his weakness
mapoui

Unread post

deh did in fact pick rampaul. rampual shud count himself lucky! I wud not have given him a contract.

the only keeper is walton... on development contract. as long as deh doh bring back idiot baugh i happy like pappy.

ramdin not out of the mix but hopefully not soon again...later on. ramdin now comes like a bank deposit. we go get him back later with interest

Ramdin can relax now and mature properly... to be back in a couple three years...a much better player than he is now.

unfortunately another youngster will be sacrified while ramdin matures.

no contract means ramdin just got lucky! as long as they do not go back his way too soon
mapoui

Unread post

as a matter of fact wat am I thinking!!! deh shud pick baugh.

baugh is no damm good but he is already 27 and wont be any better that he is now 100 years up the road. sacrifice him the while the kids grow up.

what ramdin and Walton will do is not worth keeping idiot baugh out. dats how a shittng can find a place before better...if he is an older keeper, and the better players are too young yet to do the job required of them
mikesiva

Unread post

That said, Sarwan, Taylor and Deonarine really need to work on their fitness levels....
BallOil

Unread post

there is no method in the madness....doh bother allyuh self :lol: :lol: :lol: