Britain's politics of race

Political updates and debates...
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

Windrush NHS nurse, 81, is separated from her six kids and homeless in Jamaica after being refused re-entry to Britain following 2010 holiday (click for more)

Emotional return to Britain for exiled Windrush great-grandmother, 81, as she arrives at Gatwick after nine years stranded in Jamaica (click for more)

Gretel Gocan, 81, who came to the UK in 1960, has nowbeen reunited with her family after almost a decade of enforced exile in Jamaica with no home, no cash and no pension.
mikesiva

Unread post

Akala on Black History....

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oxford Union address.
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

mikesiva wrote:Akala on Black History.....
It would be great to her from him on his own sister's decision to accept the offer to become a 'Member of the British Empire'.
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

Professor Gus John: Why I’m turning down Theresa May’s invitation to celebrate Windrush (click for more)

"As far as I am concerned, I stand with those who suffered detention, deportation and mental ill-health, some of whom even now face an earlier death as a result of being denied access to health services on account of the hostile environment policy."
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

"Sharon Vitalis, whose father came to UK with Windrush generation and served in the RAF for 13 years, set to be removed from UK - separating her from 12-year-old son ..."

Caribbean woman whose Windrush father served in Royal Air Force facing deportation from UK (click for more)
MarcusGarveyLives

Unread post

I was not sure whether this was one for the Cricket Gyaff or Politics News - perhaps it matters not, the story remains the same ...

'I was treated like a criminal': How Britain turned its back on West Indies great Collis King (click for more)
mikesiva

Unread post

"As a schoolboy in Jamaica, Richard Stewart was told he was British because Britain was the Mother Country. Now, 60 years later, after a life lived in England, including a spell playing county cricket for Middlesex, Stewart is fighting against the system and fearing for his future in Britain. Like so many others caught up in the Windrush scandal, Stewart does not have the necessary paperwork to prove his right to live in the United Kingdom. He has not left the country since 1969 and worries that if he were to return to visit family in Jamaica, he would not be allowed back in the country where he has lived since the age of 10. His case is being dealt with by the Commonwealth Taskforce set up by the Prime Minister at the height of the Windrush scandal and which promised to give him help within two weeks. Months later, Stewart has heard nothing."

So, nothing has changed, then? We're still living in a "hostile environment".