WHAT THE WINDIES WOMEN'S TEAM NEED!!

Women's Cricket Forum
AFRO

Unread post

When one looks at the base of the side it's got talent in there that are clearly world class. The problem is they are surrounded by complete crap and that crap needs to be replace ASAP if they are to take the next step and truly become the best team in the world.

Matthews= 16 years old and imo could well become an all time great if she continues the way she's going

Kycia Knight= Has her ups and downs but is a good opening partner for Matthews

Taylor= Simply the best female player around imo..one Indian girl has good stats too but Stef is a lot younger and she's simply masterful. Until young Matthews came along she was pretty much carrying this team where the batting is concerned.

Dottin= her bowling has improved a great deal but her batting needs to sharpen up. On her day she's a "pollard" type figure and can take the game away from the opposition but too often she has flattered to deceive...still a good prospect though.

Campbell= has an ODI ton to her name but bats far too low imo. I think she needs to bat at number four to break up the holy trinity that are Matthews, Taylor and Dottin..as when those three fail she comes in and has no-one to stick around with her.

Aguilleira= Has been a great captain during this rise of the windies ladies but now she's simply become a liability. She used to get herself a lickle 30 here and there but now she's like a walking wicket and imo she should be dropped...even promoting herself up the order hasn't worked.

Cooper= She's 25 and averages under ten in ODI's...i know she scored some big runs in the domestic season but clearly international cricket is not for her

Daley= decent alrounder i guess

Smarrt= the most experienced and best pacer..

Connell= is meant to have good pace and is only 22 but to not get a single wicket in six matches thus far in Australia is very concerning.

Selman= another pacer who has struggled badly in aus. Got a 5fer at home to NZ not long ago but she too hasn't got a wicket in aus and it doesn't look good

Quintyne= Great, great leggy prospect and still a tean..firm fixture in the side too

Mohammed= Perhaps the best female spinner in the game right now and her stats back it up

Munroe= An ok bowler but WI needs better

Imo the players i would keep in the side are...

Matthews
Kycia Knight (wk)
Taylor (c)
Campbell
NEW BATTER
Dottin
Daley [or maybe new batter]
Quintyne
Mohammed
NEW PACER
NEW PACER

So i'd give the captaincy to Taylor..and let Kycia Knight keep wicket which she does for Barbados. Imo two more quality batters and two pacers HAVE to be identified if WI really have any ambitions of beating Aus and England regularly. They can beat them at home right now but away it's a horror show.

Thankfully there are some more gems out there from what i'm told..but in truth the girls need to be playing more games per season if they are to improve to a standard that can be dominant in the ladies games for the longterm.
mikesiva

Unread post

What the women's team needs is more money....

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Do ... reer_58735" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

'Marquee West Indies Women’s batter, Deandra Dottin, has complained about the disparity in pay between men’s and women’s players, and says she may be forced to take up alternative employment if the situation is not addressed. Citing the example of the respective payouts for the winners at the recent Twenty20 World Cup in India, the 24-year-old Dottin labelled the disparity as “ridiculous” and said it was “discouraging”. West Indies men’s side pocketed US$1.6 million for beating England in the final of the tournament, while their women counterparts won a mere US$100,000.'